Experience the yacht club for a day?

Grandmaflower

My husband and I will be sailing on the Divina in September. Can you play to experience the yacht club for a day? If so, is everything included?

It's possible to do a backstage tour of the ship which includes a short visit to view the Yacht Club lounge and pool areas. This is the only access allowed by non-YC guests unless you are invited by someone traveling in the Yacht Club.

They didn't really publicize it last week. Have you seen any mention of it in the Dailys?

They don't advertise it in the Daily's. It is a courtesy which is extended to existing Yacht Club members so they can invite friends or family to enjoy the Yacht Club for the day.

Well at least it is controlled somewhat. I was concerned it would take away from the special YC experience.

I agree Cruiser, but the One Pool and Bar, and especially the Top Sail lounge have been quite quiet. I can count on one hand the amount of people in the Top Sail lounge each morning, afternoon, and evening. The One Pool has been busy, but one would definitely be able to find a lounger or a table at the One Bar without any problems. Our butler Johnny told us that he is responsible for the 10 suites across the front of the ship, 16009 - 16010. He told us that 3 of them are vacant so the junior butler (Deve) has been servicing the staterooms while our butler is serving double duty up at the One Bar during the day.

I agree Cruiser, but the One Pool and Bar, and especially the Top Sail lounge have been quite quiet. I can count on one hand the amount of people in the Top Sail lounge each morning, afternoon, and evening. The One Pool has been busy, but one would definitely be able to find a lounger or a table at the One Bar without any problems. Our butler Johnny told us that he is responsible for the 10 suites across the front of the ship, 16009 - 16010. He told us that 3 of them are vacant so the junior butler (Deve) has been servicing the staterooms while our butler is serving double duty up at the One Bar during the day.

Wow. That is quiet. It was very busy in all the venues both times we were there. And we had fun meeting fellow pax in the Top Sail and later in Le Muse. Glad you are having a good time and thanks for the reviews, answers, and pictures.

Wow. That is quiet. It was very busy in all the venues both times we were there. And we had fun meeting fellow pax in the Top Sail and later in Le Muse. Glad you are having a good time and thanks for the reviews, answers, and pictures.

Much, more to come Cruiser. I haven't been able to upload as many pics as I would like,,I have well over 100 I'm trying to send to Photobucket, but it seems to take forever. Hopefully while we're in San Juan tomorrow, I'll be able to connect to some wi-fi and share a bunch more photos and info with you all.:)

Anyone on the ship can purchase this option Cruiser,,but it is limited to ten people per day.

That's very interesting to know, Mike. I'll be keeping that in mind for my March 2015 sailing as I'll be in steerage for that - I can't get a price for YC and can only imagine what a quote might be :eek: (YC was offered to Australians at a greatly reduced price but MSC is still not quoting on UK or Ireland site)

I'd seen a post on another thread where people had been invited to join YC passengers for dinner and had wondered how that worked.

Hope you're having a great trip.

***THREADJACK***

Hey Beamafar! I hope you have a FABULOUS cruise this weekend and I look forward to hearing about it and maybe seeing some of your photos!

Happy cruising!!!

Thanks a mil, Kat - I can't wait. Am finding it difficult to get anything done what with following these wonderful threads about the Yacht Club.

I've been dipping in and out of your fantastic blog each time I think of something else I'm thinking of doing. For example, I'm trying to decide what to do for lunch when I board so I was going to check to see what you did to give me an idea. When I was in YC on Splendida we were too late on board for lunch so I'm not sure if we'll be allowed to dine in La Palmerie if we're onboard early. Usually they ask people boarding to go to the buffet (although maybe not YCers?) I'm also thinking that I might head straight to the One Pool Bar and check that out. The weather forecast is looking good:D

That's very interesting to know, Mike. I'll be keeping that in mind for my March 2015 sailing as I'll be in steerage for that - I can't get a price for YC and can only imagine what a quote might be :eek: (YC was offered to Australians at a greatly reduced price but MSC is still not quoting on UK or Ireland site)

I'd seen a post on another thread where people had been invited to join YC passengers for dinner and had wondered how that worked.

Hope you're having a great trip.

Beam,,If you want to have friends or family join you in the Yacht Club restaurant, the price is $50.00 pp,,,which,,on Divina, includes your choice of sparkling or regular water,,wine, prosecco,,and cocktails.

Thanks a mil, Kat - I can't wait. Am finding it difficult to get anything done what with following these wonderful threads about the Yacht Club.

I've been dipping in and out of your fantastic blog each time I think of something else I'm thinking of doing. For example, I'm trying to decide what to do for lunch when I board so I was going to check to see what you did to give me an idea. When I was in YC on Splendida we were too late on board for lunch so I'm not sure if we'll be allowed to dine in La Palmerie if we're onboard early. Usually they ask people boarding to go to the buffet (although maybe not YCers?) I'm also thinking that I might head straight to the One Pool Bar and check that out. The weather forecast is looking good:D

That's exactly what we do once we board the ship Beam. We dropped our carry-on luggage in the room, checked in with the concierge and Maitre'D to arrange our dining time, and then it was up to the One Bar and pool for Pain Killers and Elderflower Fizzes!!!:p

That's exactly what we do once we board the ship Beam. We dropped our carry-on luggage in the room, checked in with the concierge and Maitre'D to arrange our dining time, and then it was up to the One Bar and pool for Pain Killers and Elderflower Fizzes!!!:p

Did you have lunch at the One Pool Bar? This is the one area I'm really looking forward to using as the last time I was in YC it was February in the Med so didn't have weather conducive to lounging at the pool LOL For this reason alone I'm toying with the idea of NEVER leaving the ship as the weather this time is going to be HOT HOT HOT :D:D:D

Did you have lunch at the One Pool Bar? This is the one area I'm really looking forward to using as the last time I was in YC it was February in the Med so didn't have weather conducive to lounging at the pool LOL For this reason alone I'm toying with the idea of NEVER leaving the ship as the weather this time is going to be HOT HOT HOT :D:D:D

All the time Beam!!! We have 2 fish and one meat entrée with an assortment of deli meats,,cheeses,,fresh fruit. We did venture into LeMuse for lunch and there was a full menu to choose from as well. Quite honestly,,if we didn't have to walk to LeMuse for dinner,,we would have no reason to leave the Yacht Club at all.

Edited by Mikesa1721

All the time Beam!!! We have 2 fish and one meat entrée with an assortment of deli meats,,cheeses,,fresh fruit. We did venture into LeMuse for lunch and there was a full menu to choose from as well. Quite honestly,,if we didn't have to walk to LeMuse for dinner,,we would have no reason to leave the Yacht Club at all.

That is so true. We've done all our 5 MSC cruises with my parents up to now and were VERY disciplined when it came to dining - they're sticklers for routine when it comes to eating - we went to L'Olivio (Splendida's YC restaurant) every day for breakfast, lunch & dinner. This time it's just me & DH and I've got a funny feeling that I'm going to need a lot of encouragement and incentives to get me to La Palmerie on this trip - especially for breakfast & lunch. Coming from a relatively cold country makes eating al fresco a HUGE treat:rolleyes:

Great news Mike! So if we chose to do this on a sea day would we go to guest services or??? Does the 100pp covers all meals and drinks both alcoholic and non?

Thanks!

If you are in the Yacht Club, the concierge will help you with this. If not, it sounds like a friend in the YC will have to purchase the day pass for you. It will cover all food and drinks in the YC venues.