Roll Call question

Buckett

Just curious, as this has happened to me several times over the years...if you start a roll call, does it get removed if no one posts to it? For example I started my most recent one a couple of months ago and now I don't see it. Has anyone else had this experience?

• Administrators

Hello:

We don't remove roll calls, but they DO fall further down the list in the forum *if* no one replies. You can change your settings to "see" older by clicking on:

User CP > Edit Options > Thread Display Options > Default Thread Cutoff

Choose a longer timeframe to display.

Yep, that's it! I was able to find it like that a while back, but wasn't aware of the editing function Laura mentioned, to include older posts. I reset my options and now it shows up when I go to the roll call boards. Thanks! :)

Just curious, as this has happened to me several times over the years...if you start a roll call, does it get removed if no one posts to it? For example I started my most recent one a couple of months ago and now I don't see it. Has anyone else had this experience?

November of 2015 is a long way off. Odds are, no one else from Cruise Critic has booked this cruise yet. Also, not everyone that books a cruise is interested in joining a roll call. And there are other social media sites besides here that people might post on. On our last cruise, our roll call didn't get much activity until about five or six months prior to departure. Don't be too surprised if you don't see much activity on your roll call before May or June of next year.

Thanks BeachBum, I've been on the boards long enough to know all that. :D My question was more, do they get deleted if no one posts on it. I appreciate the replies, I was able to adjust my settings. I know it's a long ways off, I can't help it if I get overly excited lol.

Thanks BeachBum, I've been on the boards long enough to know all that. :D My question was more, do they get deleted if no one posts on it. I appreciate the replies, I was able to adjust my settings. I know it's a long ways off, I can't help it if I get overly excited lol.

I get overly about cruising and I don't even know when my next cruise will be! I am totally with you on that! Enjoy it when it gets here and it will too soon be over.