If Carnival website says balcony sold out, is there any chance of getting one?

I know that probably sounds dumb but I've looked several times & sometimes it says balconies are sold out. Then sometimes it says oceanviews are sold out.

There's a chance of a balcony becoming available because of a cancellation or somebody upgrading.

Yes, keep checking a few times a day. Lots of times people upgrade to suites or cancel their cruises all together.

Good Luck!

There's a chance of a balcony becoming available because of a cancellation or somebody upgrading.

We are only 2 weeks out. Will many people upgrade or cancel this close?

We are only 2 weeks out. Will many people upgrade or cancel this close?

Upsell fairy goes into action and sometimes people will get offer to go from balcony to suite opening up a balcony.

As others have said keep checking the website.

Yes, lots of times the prices drop a lot the last few weeks to fill the ship and balcony bookers can upgrade to suites for just a few bucks more. So, keep checking.. you'll probably score one! :)

This is what I am hoping for on my Freedom cruise! :D

Its always worth the call to Carnival. Never have looked for a sold out cabin catagory, but on at least 3 occaisions I have called Carnival and found lower rates that were not on line. This was after booking. You never know what the rep. Will find. I would call a couple of times a week, while checking on line each day. Good luck.

Upsell fairy goes into action and sometimes people will get offer to go from balcony to suite opening up a balcony.

Do we even know that there are open Suites on her September Fascination sailing date?

If not, this strategy is moot.

Edited by AdGuyMG

Did you talk to a rep or just check on line? I just booked a cruise and my PVP had more of a selection than the website showed.

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

When you book online the website only displays up to 10 cabins at a time whereas the Carnival reps and PVPs can see every open cabin in every open category over and above the 10.

But if a category is totally sold out on Carnival.com, it's sold out. And there would not be open cabins for the reps to see.

Edited by AdGuyMG

Do we even know that there are open Suites on her September Fascination sailing date?

If not, this strategy is moot.

It does show suites available when I search. It has shown balconies sold out for a few weeks. I keep looking, hoping for a price drop but no such look. I'm looking for a room for my mom who decided she may want to go. It must be a pretty full sailing if the price hasn't dropped in the 5 months since I booked.

Yes, they do. Last time we had an aft-extended balcony. This time, a side balcony. I think it went through refurb to add them.

Thanks for the info. Wish they would add some to the Elation when they refurbish next month. Not going to happen though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the info. Wish they would add some to the Elation when they refurbish next month. Not going to happen though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Me too!! We live closer to N.O. than any other port but we've been spoiled by the balcony room so it's hard to go back to oceanview.