weather in tahiti in Febuary

catman

We were on the 02/15/03 cruise and the weather was fantastic. Had 3 squalls come thru but that just made it interesting.

Did hear the week before had some rain days.

But remember. It is the tropics and it is 90 degrees even when it rains. It is wonderful.

For getting free airfare in February is worth the possibility of a little rain.

While Feb. is part of the rainy season there, FP has been getting most of its rain in Dec. the last few years. We were there in Feb. '02 and Feb. '03 and had about one total day of rain out.

Were I to go again, and Feb. were my only choice, I'd go. But with Radisson extending free air well into our summer (FP's dry season), I think I'd look into one of those cruises.

Thanks,

Richard icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

We were in Tahiti on the Paul Gauguin from Feb 10-17, 2003 and it rained four days out of the seven. It rained so hard in Moorea that they had to cancel my husband's para sailing trip. Other than the lousey weather the cruise was fantastic. I have never had such great snorkelling. The flight from LA was also wonderful. We were very impressed with Tahiti Nui. I believe that it was a brand new plane, lots of leg room and very good food - 2 meals and lots of snacks. Our stateroom on the ship was almost in the bilge (lowest deck) but it was still beautiful and very comfortable. We did not board the plane to come home until about nine at night but they gave us a hotel room for the day after we got off of the ship. The line through customs at the airport was very long and we probably waited for about 2 hours in line. And it was very hot and humid. I probably would not do this trip again but we are both happy that we did it once.

Archived