Favorite pay restaurant?

marnie2005

Looking for suggestions / opinions on your favorite "pay" restaurant on the Dawn. If you were only doing one restaurant on a weeks cruise what would it be? Leaning towards the steak house....

I did all of them except the Italian restaurant on my Dawn cruise. The only one I wanted to return to was Le Bistro. The mushroom soup and lamb chops were excellent. I highly recommend it.

Although, I thought the ambiance in Cagney's was a lot nicer than Le Bistro. However, I'd rate Cagney's at the lower end of cruise line steakhouses. This is after eating in Cagney's on both Sky and Dawn.

Thanks for the suggestions! Going to try to find menus for the above restaurants:o

All menus are on NCL's website. Just go to Dawn's pages and find the restaurant listing, every speciality restaurant should have the menu linked as PDF (and if it's not, menus are fleetwide so you can try to look for a missing menu from another ship's page).

What comes to the original question, I'd go with Cagney's (potato soup, filet mignon with couple of sides and a dessert based on mood, that's it ;)) - Le Bistro's menu just doesn't it for me, not interested a little bit.

Before the menu change I would have said Cagney's2010&12, but now it's a definite Le bistro.i guess it changed before our dec. cruise last year. le Bistro remained simply amazing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great question -- we're doing a poll, fleet-wide, in advance of our Cruise Critic Live! chat on all things-Norwegian-and-dining today at 3 p.m. -- hope you'll swing by. In the meantime, since we're on Breakaway at the moment, will weigh in that Cagney's had superb food (the pea soup was fantastic, not heavy and gloppy but in a broth with so much flavor), and Shanghai Noodle Bar is a new fave. Not sure if it's on Dawn, though.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Link to chat: http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2014/08/25/cruise-critic-live-norwegian-next-dining/

Great question -- we're doing a poll, fleet-wide, in advance of our Cruise Critic Live! chat on all things-Norwegian-and-dining today at 3 p.m. -- hope you'll swing by. In the meantime, since we're on Breakaway at the moment, will weigh in that Cagney's had superb food (the pea soup was fantastic, not heavy and gloppy but in a broth with so much flavor), and Shanghai Noodle Bar is a new fave. Not sure if it's on Dawn, though.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Link to chat: http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2014/08/25/cruise-critic-live-norwegian-next-dining/

I didn't get to try the à la carte Shanghai Noodle Bar on Getaway, but I have prebooked the full Shanghai restaurant for my upcoming Epic trip. This Shanghai isn't à la carte, but is actually a cover charge restaurant with a much larger menu than the noodle bar version. I'm looking forward to it.

Before the menu change I would have said Cagney's2010&12, but now it's a definite Le bistro.i guess it changed before our dec. cruise last year. le Bistro remained simply amazing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whereas I am the opposite. Since Cagney's menu change last year, that is our new favorite. ;)