Final Payment Question - HELP!

I remember seeing on here something about the final payment and no using a CC. I am ready to make my final payment on my Thanksgiving Oasis cruise (and hoping it has DD), and don't want to mess it up.

What was the problem with making final payment with a CC? Am I supposed to call it in, do it online, etc.?

I remember seeing on here something about the final payment and no using a CC. I am ready to make my final payment on my Thanksgiving Oasis cruise (and hoping it has DD), and don't want to mess it up.

What was the problem with making final payment with a CC? Am I supposed to call it in, do it online, etc.?

Some people had problems using the website because it would re-price their cruise. I would call Royal to make your payment because if your booking gets messed up, at least they can fix it for you while you are on the phone. Make sure they send you an updated invoice showing a zero balance.

I pay all my payments including final payments online with a CC and have never had a problem. If you are using a TA you must submit payments to/through them.

Edited by debitoo

Not booked through a TA - just online. Sorry - I should have mentioned that.

So no issues paying online? I thought the issue was repricing. If that's the case, would a printout of the screen before and after final payment be appropriate? Or just suck it up and wait forever on the phone to do it?

Not booked through a TA - just online. Sorry - I should have mentioned that.

So no issues paying online? I thought the issue was repricing. If that's the case, would a printout of the screen before and after final payment be appropriate? Or just suck it up and wait forever on the phone to do it?

Just call and talk to a live person. Best way to avoid problems/issues. Why take a chance?

Call C&A, even if you haven't sailed before. They won't ask. ;) 800-526-9723. You increase your chances of dealing with a person who knows what s/he is doing.

:)

I would call directly and speak with someone then you know your payment was received. I use a TA so I will call here and she in turn calls the cruise agent who then charge to my CC. She then sends me an updated invoice within the week. This is just me, but I prefer to make final payment within 1 to 2 months of final and never wait until the final date.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Dynamic Dining will not be fully operational on Oasis until March of 2015 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43910110&postcount=161