Gibraltar Tour - 19/10 - Anyone interested in joining a private tour??

Slk112

Hi there!

Me and my other half are wanting to do a standard tour whilst in Gibraltar on the forthcoming P&O Azura Iberia cruise (departs Southampton 15th October), I have enquirer with a few of the private tour companies and as there is only 2 of us it is quite expensive.

If anyone else is interested in a 1.5 hour tour in Gibraltar on 19th October let me know and I can post details of the prices and tour companies I have been in touch with.

Sarah

Sarah

There is no real need to do this. There are loads of minivan/taxis on the quay and they just make up groups as you leave the ship

It costs just a bit over £20 each and they do a great tour for about 90 minutes - 2 hours then drop you to shop in town.

You see most things and the taxi drivers are great. From memory there are about 8 people on each tour

Sarah

There is no real need to do this. There are loads of minivan/taxis on the quay and they just make up groups as you leave the ship

It costs just a bit over £20 each and they do a great tour for about 90 minutes - 2 hours then drop you to shop in town.

You see most things and the taxi drivers are great. From memory there are about 8 people on each tour

I also agree with the above, we did a tour with one of these minivans on the quayside a couple of years ago, and it was really good, and was a lot cheaper than the ships tour. We saw all we needed and even got a couple of photos with an ape sitting on our shoulders. If you get a chance to see the planes taking off - try and watch as its something else, not your normal runway!

I feel for the OP who may have researched their tour but Gibraltar is possibly the easiest tour on any cruise ship. Its so small with set pieces to see so the taxi tour is perfect. Indeed if you walk to the very end of main st the taxi tour is even cheaper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A word of warning on Gibraltar, we stopped there last month and walked to the cable car. The queue was huge. We waited for a hour but still had about an hour of queue to go which put us at risk of missing the ship if the wait at the top was long, so we gave up and walked back (no taxis there to get back and a big queue waiting for them).

I think the problems were down to there being two ships in port. The taxi tours to the top didn't all get there either because the road was full at the top.

Worst day of our cruise!

A word of warning on Gibraltar, we stopped there last month and walked to the cable car. The queue was huge. We waited for a hour but still had about an hour of queue to go which put us at risk of missing the ship if the wait at the top was long, so we gave up and walked back (no taxis there to get back and a big queue waiting for them).

I think the problems were down to there being two ships in port. The taxi tours to the top didn't all get there either because the road was full at the top.

Worst day of our cruise!

As my Mum is in a wheelchair, we walked to the town walls. Just inside to the right is a taxi rank. We got a metred taxi to the cable car for £5. We were the first there and straight onto a cable car. Its a good way to bear the crowds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk