Legend

Hobar

Hi Hobar,

We sailed with you on the Sojourn in December 2011 to SA, regarding your enquiry about the Legend, we just sailed on it to Norway in July and found the ship in excellent condition, every crew member that we encountered was superb, food service and nightly entertainment was great. Captain Dag was terrific and made this cruise on the Legend among the best we've experienced todate!

Hey Denver, how are you both? Thank you for letting me know. I did love the Legend. By the way, we loved that SA trip so much, we are looking to go back, and add Antarctica, but may need to wait til semi-retirement for that long a cruuse. (And I hate leaving my doggies for so long.) Glad to hear from you and to know you are having fun travelling. Hope to see you on another SB trip one day.

• 3 weeks later...

Hobar

Being new to cruising I don't have much experience among the different lines. Our first cruise was on the Odyssey with back to back segments earlier this year. The ship was great and seems the right size. We added a little 7 day segment on the Legend right after the odyssey and I would disagree with many of the posters. While service was slightly better on the Legend, I found going from the bigger to the smaller, older ship certainly had it's disadvantages. Cramped, worn carpets, obviously older, dated and rust around the balcony doors. A few niggling stateroom issues as well. If that is considered ok because the Legend is older, I suppose that is what previous posters mean by " looking good for its age". Comparable to wrinkles and grey hair?

Relatives are currently on board the Legend for one last go before it disappears from the Seabourn fleet and I'm looking forward to their perspective as they have been on the Legend before. We were on the Legend in May this year...

I expected better after being on the Odyssey. 7 day port intensive cruise? Personally I will not repeat the experience again and opt for a longer duration sprinkled with a few sea days. Live and learn.

In reference to the Legend being in good condition, it wasn't at that time in my perspective. There were other " niggling issues" with the hot tubs and spa etc as well, not important enough to list but enough to give the impression that less care and attention is given to the upkeep at the moment.

I love the Legend.Hope the Soujoin this May will be as good.Saying that it is really the people who work the ship not he ship.I am sure it will be wonderful.I can live with a worn carpet as long as the crew are as fabulous as ever.

Received this from Seattle as to the Oct. Legend TA: From Barcelona

Capt/Master Dag

Hot Man Lulu

Ex Chef Franck Sollazz (I think there will be 2 Ex's ~always has been.)

CD Simon Gosnell (I simply can not remember him? Any info?)

Chief Purser Mylonas

Ex. Housekeeper Carmella

Dr. Alexander

Happy sailings

Martita B

Received this from Seattle as to the Oct. Legend TA: From Barcelona

Capt/Master Dag

Hot Man Lulu

Ex Chef Franck Sollazz (I think there will be 2 Ex's ~always has been.)

CD Simon Gosnell (I simply can not remember him? Any info?)

Chief Purser Mylonas

Ex. Housekeeper Carmella

Dr. Alexander

Happy sailings

Martita B

CD will be Simon Gillespie.

CD will be Simon Gillespie.

Same person - Gosnell on his passport, Gillespie on stage. We think he is a great CD and loved every minute of the (all too short) London to Lisbon last month.

Reiterating Chairsin's comments - Franck is probably the best chef we have encountered in 4 years/130 days cruising with Seabourn.

Have a great TA.

Friends/Sailmates,

Oh I am so excited to be back aboard Seabourn Leg. 10/27 TA with my dear and longtime Staff/Crew, & sweet passengers "Family" ~ as I've been sailing Seabourn since May 2001 I've missed the ships, etc. sooo very much. On Sept. 2nd I went to the hospital for 8 days (serious infection ~& I'm allergic to almost all antibiotics) My two Dr.'s told me , "You must get back on Seabourn if you want to heal and become stronger." Weighing 81 pds, of course, I wanted to, just didn't have the will or the "get-up & go," as I was too weak to think.

I have to laugh,....."anyone but my 4 Kitties, hear the violins strumming?"

I do know CD Simon and Cheffy Franck Sollazzo, The Best of the High Seas and land, Looking forward to laughing alot and gaining 20 pds ~in 13 days/nights. Fingers, etc....thank you Master GA!

The Dr. aboard Legend TA will be Alexander Escueta ~~is he Irish? Seabourn has the top Dr.'s of Europe/world. I understand they usually teach hospitals & universities.

I'm guessing we'll have 2 Ex. Chefs aboard ~we've had numerous Corp. Chefs on our Crossings, in the past.

The ship was "sold out" when I called Seattle, Sept 25th ~~"they" had to call me back as No rooms for "the wicked" I waited 10 mins

Yipppee, it was a ring from Seabourn. "they had booked me on the 5th Deck" ~ Guess I sounded to pitiful when I 1st called.

I am very blessed, thank you for helping and supporting me,

Martita B

Hobar

Being new to cruising I don't have much experience among the different lines. Our first cruise was on the Odyssey with back to back segments earlier this year. The ship was great and seems the right size. We added a little 7 day segment on the Legend right after the odyssey and I would disagree with many of the posters. While service was slightly better on the Legend, I found going from the bigger to the smaller, older ship certainly had it's disadvantages. Cramped, worn carpets, obviously older, dated and rust around the balcony doors. A few niggling stateroom issues as well. If that is considered ok because the Legend is older, I suppose that is what previous posters mean by " looking good for its age". Comparable to wrinkles and grey hair?

Relatives are currently on board the Legend for one last go before it disappears from the Seabourn fleet and I'm looking forward to their perspective as they have been on the Legend before. We were on the Legend in May this year...

Insti,

I agree with you. Service is better on the smaller ships, but I prefer new and modern to shabby and worn. I don't think I'd be happy on the Legend. I'd rather "suffer" not being fawned upon than have to deal with threadbare carpet and cramped quarters.

Insti,

I agree with you. Service is better on the smaller ships, but I prefer new and modern to shabby and worn. I don't think I'd be happy on the Legend. I'd rather "suffer" not being fawned upon than have to deal with threadbare carpet and cramped quarters.

We have just returned from an idyllic 12 days London to Lisbon on Legend. There were no threadbare carpets at all, and I am not sure how you come up with "cramped quarters". Whilst the 26 square metre suites on Legend and Spirit are marginally smaller then those on the O class ships, they are significantly larger than deluxe or superior rooms in many 5-star land-based hotels.

However, the phrase that surprises me most is "fawned upon". Webster's defines fawn on or upon as "to court favor by a cringing or flattering manner". I have never experienced this in 131 days of sailing on Seabourn - larger or smaller ships. What I have experienced is excellent customer service, well-directed by senior management, delivered by charming, friendly, attentive and sensitive, exceptionally well-trained crew members.

To my friend and Sailor #1, stamdforian

I agree with you 110% ~the Baby Girls ARE Seabourn! "Uncle Micky's" Pride & Joy" I know this ~~I have sailed Seabourn 'little Sister Yachts since Spring of 2001. I do have just a few days aboard Seabourn's smaller Yachts and larger ones, as well.

I Crossed TA's on all 3 of the Bigger Gals ~~a smaller suite (Deck 7) next to the Owners Winter Gasrden suite and very close to Seabourn Square ~ Of course, we had mucho fun & frolics ~Capt. Dexter is a "Hoot!" (Plus grrreat, now,healthnow,Hamish, Masters)He was previously, Capt/Master of the Pride Queen & Sister Legend (we sure had fun doing Frog Races in the downstairs space Deck 7. ) As I said....I had a lovely time on these TA's ~~but for ME, it was not the Seabourn I have enjoyed for 'lo my heavenly, fantastic days aboard our 'Lit Sisters ~~Amen!

Sending very best wishes for you & your family's health and happiness, "amigo's para siempre" to all.

Martha B

Martha,

On one of these recent threads you asked about the house red wines. As I have noted before IMHO in the last year of so the quality of the wines has improved. They also seem to be doing more local wine buying at numerous ports -- especially on the Med cruises. In Bordeaux they obviously went a bit crazy buying wine and not only picked up a nice dry rose( they already had three others on board -- none to our taste) for us but a nice red Grave as well.In Spain they picked up a nice Garnacha. Elsewhere in France they picked up a sancerre and a red burgundy.In Portugal the Vinho Verde they bought was a big hit. As to the regular stock I must confess we did not drink many house reds as we often either bought a bottle off of the premium list or drank one of the numerous bottles we bought during our day of touring the Medoc area. I can tell you there was a wonderful Cab blend from Paso Robles that pleasantly surprised us . The other usual suspects were a Malbac and Cotes du Rhone.

Thanks~

Seabourn has selected a favorite red for me ~I enjoy wines from Chile, also Italian ~Portugal. After dinner a ice cold Maderia white.

I drink a Pimms Cup 2, giner ale at noon~so refreshing and with vegetables! (Pam Conover drinks this as well!~we 2 sitting together having our cocktail is a "hoot."

Happy sails

MB

Friends/Sailmates,

Oh I am so excited to be back aboard Seabourn Leg. 10/27 TA with my dear and longtime Staff/Crew, & sweet passengers "Family" ~ as I've been sailing Seabourn since May 2001 I've missed the ships, etc. sooo very much. On Sept. 2nd I went to the hospital for 8 days (serious infection ~& I'm allergic to almost all antibiotics) My two Dr.'s told me , "You must get back on Seabourn if you want to heal and become stronger." Weighing 81 pds, of course, I wanted to, just didn't have the will or the "get-up & go," as I was too weak to think.

I have to laugh,....."anyone but my 4 Kitties, hear the violins strumming?"

I do know CD Simon and Cheffy Franck Sollazzo, The Best of the High Seas and land, Looking forward to laughing alot and gaining 20 pds ~in 13 days/nights. Fingers, etc....thank you Master GA!

The Dr. aboard Legend TA will be Alexander Escueta ~~is he Irish? Seabourn has the top Dr.'s of Europe/world. I understand they usually teach hospitals & universities.

I'm guessing we'll have 2 Ex. Chefs aboard ~we've had numerous Corp. Chefs on our Crossings, in the past.

The ship was "sold out" when I called Seattle, Sept 25th ~~"they" had to call me back as No rooms for "the wicked" I waited 10 mins

Yipppee, it was a ring from Seabourn. "they had booked me on the 5th Deck" ~ Guess I sounded to pitiful when I 1st called.

I am very blessed, thank you for helping and supporting me,

Martita B

Martha!! You have been sorely missed by your Seabourn family. Geir-Arne was our Captain on the Quest Montreal-Boston sailing and he sends all his best to you, as does Miss A. I know you will have a wonderful crossing on Legend--please kiss Lulu for me. Have a super time and don't forget your big bouquets in Funchal!

Winnie

Please excuse my "off "topic. Thanks

Winnie

Thank you so much! Enjoyed our chat while driving down to Carmel.

Helen had her c-scan the 10th I haven't heard yet. Prayers for her.

I'm slowing getting stronger. I must ~I have too much to do here and at sea. I will relax and heal on our Crossing. No parties.

Surely wish you and Geni could be aboard....but then, we'd create a few 'lit ruckus's and we'd terrorize the Legend. I'll take a few kiss's a'long for Lulu, et al. ~and will certainly tell everybody hello from you! I will stay with the Goodrichs, Ft Laud until Nov 12th.

Breaks up the long trip back to West Texas. Both are so fine!

I've been up tooo long this a.m ~Taking care 4 very spoiled cats which I love dearly. Lolo, Uncle Micky, Sister and my kitten, Wiley

Yes, as to the cartoon ~she acts like a tiny Costa Rica monkey.

Miss M

:) Yippee, it was a ring from Seabourn. "they had booked me on the 5th Deck" :)

---------------------

We're on board Legend in the Aegean at the moment. The past ten days have been exceptional - it's just not possible to name any one of the crew above the others. Each one is a star and there's a very strong team spirit. thus all us passengers are happy, convivial and relaxed. You'll find the ship in pretty good condition (overall nothing out of place other than a few leaks - otherwise maintenance is fine). As you know, the team heads are super people, and for sure they have inspired all their colleagues

Miss Martita, you'll not be disappointed.... I'm sure you know this but I thought it would be worth a note of reassurance

Wishing you a great cruise

Ian

Dear One,

" I love Seabourn ships and could willingly waste all my time aboard!" Salut~~ And no dirt, cedar trees or pecan pollen! ! Surrounded by lots of love and support.

Red roses to you and your family, High Sheriff~~

I am getting ready to pack:p

Miss Martha B

R and J

Thank you for your kind words yesterday ~ I know you're having a grand time aboard! Especially with Master Dag 'drivin' ~

Captain Andy Pedder will board with us in Barcelona ~he is such a "gem" of a fellow and plays the guitar so beautifully.

Thanks again

Safe travels,

Martita

R and J

Thank you for your kind words yesterday ~ I know you're having a grand time aboard! Especially with Master Dag 'drivin' ~

Captain Andy Pedder will board with us in Barcelona ~he is such a "gem" of a fellow and plays the guitar so beautifully.

Thanks again

Safe travels,

Martita

Martha,

We had dinner with Andrew Pedder in August,he is a delightful host,

Say hi from John and Terri in London.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Mr Luxury

• 2 weeks later...