Valor sail dates have disappeared

Spudder

So what do you want the cruise industry to do? Nobody offers there resolutions... Based on what you and others say you want every ship to stay at the same port and do the same itinerary forever... And then the same people would be complaining that the cruise industry never changes itinerary and I can never go on this ship because it's always at that port and the cost of airfare to that port from my location is outrageous. Trust me, when any cruise line changes ships or itinerary they look at the best decision for everyone. Nobody knows what the other options were in this case and I am sure this is best for everyone. My point in original post is put life in perspective, this is a minor blimp in what people face and challenge everyday. I don't have any of those issues I mentioned, just things my friends are going up against. As far as IRS, I wasn't complaining, I was stating it's part of life and I will fix and move on without letting it bother me.

Nowhere in my post did I suggest anything about ships staying in the same ports. That would be ridiculous being that I personally am excited the Valor is coming to Port Canaveral since she has the scenic oceanview rooms that I love and PC is my favorite port. I don't want the cruiselines to do anything. They can and will do whatever they want. I think it's a leap on your part to conclude that people don't have their priorities straight or haven't put life into perspective because they are on a cruise board discussing an unexpected and disruptive change to vacation plans some have made for months. If this thread were months old and the same people were still complaining about water under the bridge, that would be one thing. But as I said, this just happened. And based on numerous posts, some people only found out from hearing about it on FB or on here. That's not cool. You're wrong to assume that people don't care about other far more important matters just because they are discussing this. In time it will all be sorted out. In time.

I would think that carnival should make these decisions before they list the cruises for sale. All major corporations make decisions 3 to 5 years out, so Carnival should do the same. This decision should have been made 2 years ago and that would have been before the cruise was offered for sale. If for some reason carnival management is not smart enough to plan out 3 years ahead, then they should compensate people who are already booked

Please provide us with an example of a cruise line making a decision 3-5years out before putting an itinerary with particular ship on sale...any corporation that makes a decision 3-5 years out will not be successful due to trends, technology, etc...now a corporation may be developing technology 3-5 years out but that is different than the topic oh hand and also risky due to how fast and often technology changes in the world today. Changes in itinerary is part of the cruise industry, you should be well aware of that before hand. If you can't deal with it book a land vacation...

Nowhere in my post did I suggest anything about ships staying in the same ports. That would be ridiculous being that I personally am excited the Valor is coming to Port Canaveral since she has the scenic oceanview rooms that I love and PC is my favorite port. I don't want the cruiselines to do anything. They can and will do whatever they want. I think it's a leap on your part to conclude that people don't have their priorities straight or haven't put life into perspective because they are on a cruise board discussing an unexpected and disruptive change to vacation plans some have made for months. If this thread were months old and the same people were still complaining about water under the bridge, that would be one thing. But as I said, this just happened. And based on numerous posts, some people only found out from hearing about it on FB or on here. That's not cool. You're wrong to assume that people don't care about other far more important matters just because they are discussing this. In time it will all be sorted out. In time.

As far as finding out about things from a secondary source instead of the main source such is life today with social media, it happens all the time. I am sure everyone involved has/will receive an email...

You know what, I am going to get slammed but oh well... It amazes me that people get upset and throw a tirade over something like this... Have we all lost perspective of life.. It's vacation, your going to enjoy it, wether you are on the Breeze or Fantasy.. Wether your in St. Maarten or Nasau... If this is the worse thing that happens to you in the next 7 months guess what, your living life.. I would hate to see these people having to deal with things in life such as not having a job, being an alcoholic and not being able to overcome it, losing a loved one to a car accident or a random shooting, and I could go on... It's business, every business has to make decisions and unfortunately not everyone can be pleased by the decisions. Every one complains but nobody offers solutions.. Do you not think the management at Carnival went through every single option possible, probably multiple times and this is the decision they made as it was best for all parties.. And by the way, I received a letter today from the IRS saying I owe them $590 from 2011 tax returns and it's 2014, almost 2015. But you know what, I will figure it out, if I owe the money I will pay them but I won't sit around and badmouth them for doing there job...

Oh get off your high horse mr million dollar man.

. I think it's a leap on your part to conclude that people don't have their priorities straight or haven't put life into perspective because they are on a cruise board discussing an unexpected and disruptive change to vacation plans some have made for months. If this thread were months old and the same people were still complaining about water under the bridge, that would be one thing. But as I said, this just happened. And based on numerous posts, some people only found out from hearing about it on FB or on here. That's not cool. You're wrong to assume that people don't care about other far more important matters just because they are discussing this.

Thank you! You just stated PERFECTLY what many are thinking!

OK I understand that this whole switch may not mean a lot to a lot of people, but does mean a lot to me. I work VERY hard to be able to cruise at all. I diligently scanned Carnival's website to find when the sailing we wanted opened up to get one of the coveted 6K's. I booked it the day it opened and have been looking forward to it ever since. Now I discover that it is not going to happen and so yes I am upset.

Did I start yelling at the Carnival reps over the phone, absolutely, not my style and not their fault. They tell me however after two calls that I will get a "comparable" oceanview. That is not acceptable, since one does not exist. I know they will probably come through with something better, but in the meantime it is stressing me out. Sorry if some of you don't care.

I know this is just a hypothetical...but how long does "dry dock" usually take....if indeed the Valor was going into dry dock? (I know, just a pipe dream but I'm one of those who was supposed to be on the Liberty in April. :( )

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by t1adams

OK I understand that this whole switch may not mean a lot to a lot of people, but does mean a lot to me. I work VERY hard to be able to cruise at all. I diligently scanned Carnival's website to find when the sailing we wanted opened up to get one of the coveted 6K's. I booked it the day it opened and have been looking forward to it ever since. Now I discover that it is not going to happen and so yes I am upset.

Did I start yelling at the Carnival reps over the phone, absolutely, not my style and not their fault. They tell me however after two calls that I will get a "comparable" oceanview. That is not acceptable, since one does not exist. I know they will probably come through with something better, but in the meantime it is stressing me out. Sorry if some of you don't care.

I guess it's hard for people to understand. I booked the Valor 15 months early to get the 2 6Ks for my sailing. I too called Carnival. I didn't yell or scream. My PVP is working hard to get me something that is comparable. I am now booked in a balcony. Many people will view the balcony as an upgrade. But when you deliberately book the 6Ks because of their size, this is a disappointment.

So, if that puts me in the class of whiners, I'm ok with that. Will I survive without it, of course? The important thing is that I will cruise with family and friends. I honestly could care less about the 2.0 upgrades, but will take them along with my small room if left with no other choice. I do understand the disappointment of people who were originally booked on the Liberty. They wanted the upgrades and paid for them. With no real compensation, I think that I'd be upset too.

For those of you who are not affected by this, keep in mind that this is less than 36 hours old. People need time to process this change. Some people will get past it sooner than others.

I guess it's hard for people to understand. I booked the Valor 15 months early to get the 2 6Ks for my sailing. I too called Carnival. I didn't yell or scream. My PVP is working hard to get me something that is comparable. I am now booked in a balcony. Many people will view the balcony as an upgrade. But when you deliberately book the 6Ks because of their size, this is a disappointment.

I hear ya. I booked the Freedom over a year out to ensure I got a 6K. The upgrade to a balcony is an upgrade in name only.

For Lunch. They aren't open that late. Anyone know what the menu is like for the "American Table"

zydecocruiser a CC member has lots of carnival menus posted. I reviewed the American Table menus and they are supposed to "coincide" with the port they are visiting. Looking at menus- I think the American Table Eastern menus are close. Zydecocruiser has titles for what island menu is for, but the bottom right corner is a code of which port they were corresponding to also.

here is link to her page:

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/CarnivalCruiseLineMenus.htm

Sure hope they "give up" or revamp this idea, seems to have much less choices IMO. It will have to be someones job to report back menus come April when ships swap.

My TA just emailed me and said that the Valor is scheduled to go into drydock at the end of September. He should know. He usually gets news sooner than the customer.

My TA just emailed me and said that the Valor is scheduled to go into drydock at the end of September. He should know. He usually gets news sooner than the customer.

Sorry, I was wrong. Crap! We may get our $ back and rebook elsewhere.

This drydocking was cancelled months ago. Your TA is out of the loop on this one...

Hi everyone.

We are from the uk. We are one of those who were booked on the liberty but are now on the valor. At first we were annoyed but we have now accepted it and know we will enjoy it just as much nk matter what. That being said we feel we should get some sort of compensation for being put on what is in effect a downgraded ship - the loss of bars/restaurants etc. If it wasnt for cruise critic we would actually be non the wiser about this situation as weve had no email advising us of this. We were wondering whether anybody has been offered anything in way of compensation or is anybody planning on asking for anything. We were thinking OBC would be acceptable. What are your thoughts on this?

Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
If you have luck with that, let me know. We will keep the 8d but wanted the 6k so much. I'd we could get a suite, that would be great. It's funny because we had one of the 6ks and my parents had the other. They haven't heard sweat about the change from carnival. If it wasn't for me, they wouldn't know. They got the 8d as we'll according to the website but never any emails.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know it has been several days, BUT .... I was somewhat successful. Please note, it was not easy. What Carnival considers an upgrade for the loss of a 6K Scenic Ocean View is not what I consider an upgrade.

We reached a compromise. I now have 2 Jr. Suites booked in place of my Scenic Ocean Views. It did cost me. BUT, it "cost" Carnival too. Keep pushing. I'm very happy now. :D :D

I think I've come to terms with my 8d. It is just my wife and i, and we are doing so many excursions we probably won't use it too much. O well it was going to be a special surprise for our first cruise. I'll have to second guess if I go with them again or not. Was starting to plan an Alaskan cruise..

• 2 weeks later...
I know it has been several days, BUT .... I was somewhat successful. Please note, it was not easy. What Carnival considers an upgrade for the loss of a 6K Scenic Ocean View is not what I consider an upgrade.

We reached a compromise. I now have 2 Jr. Suites booked in place of my Scenic Ocean Views. It did cost me. BUT, it "cost" Carnival too. Keep pushing. I'm very happy now. :D :D

We've "gotten used to" ocean Suites (such as #7325 the aqua colored class on ship map) - if that is what you have, it will also entitle you to VIP privileges.

If that is your room class, no need for FTTF, immediate access to cabin.

We've "gotten used to" ocean Suites (such as #7325 the aqua colored class on ship map) - if that is what you have, it will also entitle you to VIP privileges.

If that is your room class, no need for FTTF, immediate access to cabin.

Thanks for the info. It 's on the Lido Deck (9205). It says Junior Suite. I'm hoping that we will get the VIP privileges.

A suite only gets you priority embark/debark. fTTF will still be needed if you want immediate access to your cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks. I'm not sure that I would need FTTF. It's too early to really tell (cruise is over a year away) whether we would arrive at a time that will matter. Looking at current flight schedules, the best that we can hope for is arriving in San Juan at 1:30pm. I was going to wait until closer to the cruise to pose the question ... but does it even make sense to consider FTTF given the later arrival?