Valor sail dates have disappeared

Spudder

Will prices go up for this sailing if the ship is the Liberty instead of the Valor? Did we screw up by not booking earlier this week??????

Maybe, but i would doubt they would have a price change on a ship flip flop.

I am happy for everyone else but those of us on the March 22 Valor sailing are still up in the air. Is it going to be a repositioning cruise or just plain cancelled? We have not been told anything yet. Others are getting emails. But not us. We also have our airfare purchased. They better do something to help us out. I sure am glad I have insurance.

I wonder where they will stop if it is a repositioning cruise.

Sharon

Oh man, we just booked 9201, a 6K yesterday (along with 9259 inside) for the July 19 Valor cruise. We were so psyched about the large scenic oceanview and sent a link with pictures of it to our 3 teen grandchildren, whom we're taking on this cruise.

Now what?!!

I am happy for everyone else but those of us on the March 22 Valor sailing are still up in the air. Is it going to be a repositioning cruise or just plain cancelled? We have not been told anything yet. Others are getting emails. But not us. We also have our airfare purchased. They better do something to help us out. I sure am glad I have insurance.

I wonder where they will stop if it is a repositioning cruise.

Sharon

email me please imlovelace@comcast.net

Oh man, we just booked 9201, a 6K yesterday (along with 9259 inside) for the July 19 Valor cruise. We were so psyched about the large scenic oceanview and sent a link with pictures of it to our 3 teen grandchildren, whom we're taking on this cruise.

Now what?!!

Exactly .....

That is great news that the Liberty is going to San Juan, hopefully the Valor will be going to Dry Dock then Port Canaveral.

Oh! Gee! Thank you for hoping our cruise will be cancelled for a dry dock :eek: .

It looks like we will have to be making other plans that just might not include Carnival. Maybe this is the time to try Celebrity. The Summit is cruising from San Juan on March 21 for 7 days. We are arriving on March 19 so it would be a possibility. It all depends on what Carnival says and what they offer to compensate for our airfare that would have to be changed. And it is not on Southwest, it is on Delta so there is a hefty change fee.

Sharon

Oh! Gee! Thank you for hoping our cruise will be cancelled for a dry dock :eek: .

It looks like we will have to be making other plans that just might not include Carnival. Maybe this is the time to try Celebrity. The Summit is cruising from San Juan on March 21 for 7 days. We are arriving on March 19 so it would be a possibility. It all depends on what Carnival says and what they offer to compensate for our airfare that would have to be changed. And it is not on Southwest, it is on Delta so there is a hefty change fee.

Sharon

I feel you there.

We budgeted 1800 for 2 for airfare to fly down to SJU (round trip) but it's going to double that if it's 2 1-way flights departing from Orlando & SJU

Sharon

Sorry, was typing quickly and hit submit before I realized that what I said meant your cruise would be totally cancelled. Should have had that second cup of coffee this morning;)

What I really meant to say is that I hope they are going to drydock it soon for upgrades instead of putting it behind the schedule of the Fantasy Class ships.

Sharon

Hoping that Carnival makes right by you and everyone else who will be inconvenienced by the change.

I feel you there.

We budgeted 1800 for 2 for airfare to fly down to SJU (round trip) but it's going to double that if it's 2 1-way flights departing from Orlando & SJU

I just checked on Delta for flying to San Juan and then flying back from Orlando. If we do it as Multi-city flights it will cost us about $50 more but then there is the $200pp change fee. So that is $500 more. Ugh!!! Hopefully Carnival will help with the change fee.

Sharon

I just checked on Delta for flying to San Juan and then flying back from Orlando. If we do it as Multi-city flights it will cost us about $50 more but then there is the $200pp change fee. So that is $500 more. Ugh!!! Hopefully Carnival will help with the change fee.

Sharon

Hm I have not booked my flight yet so that's not bad, I use kayak for searching, thanks for the tip, gonna try delta now.

I haven't received anything from Carnival yet - but I suppose since I'm not on the March 22 or 29th sailing of this change I may have to wait a few days.

Received an email from CCL this AM saying that the Valor and the Liberty are switching homeports. We are booked for the Liberty 4/25/15 out of Pt. Canaveral and are now booked on the Valor. The email said that since they are the same ship class that they would be swapping people room for room. So your Valor trip might not be cancelled, just changed to the Liberty (which already has 2.0 upgrades). Keep watch for an email!!!

I haven't received anything from Carnival yet - but I suppose since I'm not on the March 22 or 29th sailing of this change I may have to wait a few days.

Those of us on the March 22 haven't received anything from Carnival yet. At least I haven't.

Sharon

Received an email from CCL this AM saying that the Valor and the Liberty are switching homeports. We are booked for the Liberty 4/25/15 out of Pt. Canaveral and are now booked on the Valor. The email said that since they are the same ship class that they would be swapping people room for room. So your Valor trip might not be cancelled, just changed to the Liberty (which already has 2.0 upgrades). Keep watch for an email!!!

Those of us on the valor 3/22 are in suspense right now as there's no way for the liberty to leave cape canaveral and get to sju the same day to pick up passengers!

I just got the e-mail as well.

Those of us on the valor 3/22 are in suspense right now as there's no way for the liberty to leave cape canaveral and get to sju the same day to pick up passengers!

Liberty will have a One way sailing from Port Canaveral to San Juan /// 22 mar2015

But if the ships leave on March 22 and then go to their new port arriving on March 29 that would make the March 22 repositioning cruises. And we would have to wait and see what ports they will be stopping at. I am certainly not in the mood for stops in Key West and the Bahamas instead of Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts, St Thomas, and St Maarten. Not at all equal.

Sharon

Edited by luv2trvlnow

I am booked on the Valor Nov 2015 and I just received an email from Carnival saying the Valor is now sailing out of Port Canaveral and the Liberty is taking over my cruise out of San Juan. I am hoping to still get my L shaped cabin. Does anyone know if the beds face the windows in the L shape on the Liberty????