08:00 AM

05:00 PM

29-Mar-15

Sunday

Carnival Liberty

San Juan, Puerto Rico

07:00 AM

and

5 day Eastern Caribbean from San Juan, Puerto Rico to Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL

22-Mar-15

Sunday

Carnival Valor

San Juan, Puerto Rico

10:00 PM

23-Mar-15

Monday

Carnival Valor

St. Maarten, NA

10:00 AM

7:00 PM

24-Mar-15

Tuesday

Carnival Valor

St. Thomas, USVI

8:00 AM

6:00 PM

25-Mar-15

Wednesday

Carnival Valor

"Fun Day" at Sea

At Sea

At Sea

26-Mar-15

Thursday

Carnival Valor

"Fun Day" at Sea

At Sea

At Sea

27-Mar-15

Friday

Carnival Valor

Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL

7:00 AM

That's the million dollar question. Those of us on it would really like to know.

Sharon

Sharon (and others on the 3/22 Valor and Liberty sailings) - sorry that you have to deal with these changes to your plans. That totally stinks. I'm happy to hear that many of you have trip insurance! Seeing how this situation can so easily ruin the best laid plans certainly has me sold on trip insurance when we book.

I hope they can work it out in your favor.

Well I just checked my insurance and it turns out we cannot get our money back for our airfare because Carnival deciding to change this around is not a covered expense and we are just out the money. If they went out of business, or weather caused them to cancel or if mechanical problems caused them to cancel it would be covered. But not in this cause. Don't you just love insurance companies? We are being changed from a 7 day cruise to a 5 day cruise and we have no coverage. Really great. Thanks a lot Carnival!

Sharon

Edited by luv2trvlnow

Up date

22-Mar-15

Sunday

Carnival Liberty

Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL

04:00 PM

23-Mar-15

Monday

Carnival Liberty

"Fun Day" at Sea

At Sea

At Sea

24-Mar-15

Tuesday

Carnival Liberty

"Fun Day" at Sea

At Sea

At Sea

25-Mar-15

Wednesday

Carnival Liberty

St. Thomas, USVI

26-Mar-15

Thursday

Carnival Liberty

St. Kitts, WI

27-Mar-15

Friday

Carnival Liberty

St. Maarten, NA

28-Mar-15

Saturday

Carnival Liberty

Tortola, British Virgin Islands

29-Mar-15

Sunday

Carnival Liberty

San Juan, Puerto Rico

07:00 AM

Where are you guys getting this from?

So I just got the email saying that my Sept. 2015 Southern Caribbean cruise on the Valor has now changed to the Liberty. Now, I wouldn't be angry normally, as this ship has the 2.0 upgrades, but I had specifically chosen a 6K on the valor! Looking at the Liberty deck plan, it appears it does not have that, can anyone confirm or deny that? And if I do stay with the same cruise, what will they put me in? They have to give me the next class up, right? That would make it a balcony. Not sure I would like that the same though..

We are booked on the Liberty on March 27th. I received a letter from Carnival today saying that as of March 27th, the Liberty will be ported in San Juan.

The Valor is moving to Port Canaveral and we have been switched to the Valor out of Port Canaveral.

I am not happy at all!

Edited by Anjanu

I'm in the same boat (no pun intended). I'm in a 6J on the Liberty, which they don't have. I already have to move from a 6K on Conquest to the 6J on Liberty because they canceled conquest on my sailing date and there were no 6K's for Valor (can't change the sail date since this is for my honeymoon).

Keep me posted if you get any information. I'll do the same.

Well I just checked my insurance and it turns out we cannot get our money back for our airfare because Carnival deciding to change this around is not a covered expense and we are just out the money. If they went out of business, or weather caused them to cancel or if mechanical problems caused them to cancel it would be covered. But not in this cause. Don't you just love insurance companies? We are being changed from a 7 day cruise to a 5 day cruise and we have no coverage. Really great. Thanks a lot Carnival!

Sharon

What is the point of the insurance if something like this is not covered? Carnival should make this right for you somehow. A partial refund and a nice hotel in SJ for the nights that you will be stranded there???? What is the usual compensation in these situations???

I don't understand why they would take the Liberty, with the 2.0 upgrades, and replace it with the Valor with no upgrades. The last dry dock for the Valor was back in 2011. Surely the Valor will have a dry dock shortly after coming to Port Canaveral.

Edited by TennesseeTater

Thanks, everyone, for the updates on this.

Having cruised on the Valor twice in the past few months, I'm going to miss her. She was a fine ship with a great crew. I don't think I'm going to like the itineraries out of Port Canaveral nearly as much as the Eastern/Southern Caribbean route out of San Juan.

So, adios Valor, but bienvenidos a Liberty.

I'm especially interested in what they do what that special sailing that showed for the Valor in October that was for six days, instead of the usual seven, and swapped out St. Kitts and the sea day for a stop in Dominica. I was THISCLOSE to booking it, but I decided to take another, much earlier cruise instead. Will the Liberty take this one over too? Or will they replace it with the same old same old? I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

I am booked on the Valor Nov 2015 and I just received an email from Carnival saying the Valor is now sailing out of Port Canaveral and the Liberty is taking over my cruise out of San Juan. I am hoping to still get my L shaped cabin. Does anyone know if the beds face the windows in the L shape on the Liberty????

They do.... my sister's room had the bowling alley balcony and her bed faced the windows on liberty deck 7.

My guess is they're planning a dry dock for Valor, but since they have multiple sailings from PC and only the one from SJ, they're swapping ships before dry docking Valor.

The thing I don't like is that they keep making these changes AFTER bookings are opened for these cruises. I understand some things can happen but location changes, dry docks, itinerary changes, they should be planning enough into the future to know those before bookings are opened for those cruises.

Sharon

That completely sucks! So sorry this happened to you. :(

My booking for April 13 shows a change of ship but to the same room number which is also an aft balcony. Same ports.

So i am ok. Would have appreciated an email letting me know.

Thank you to the poster who saw this and to travel agent who confirmed the change. Going on the legend sat for 23 days and then would not have found out until after I got back on October 1

If I knew for sure the Valor was going into dry dock before March 27, I wouldn't cancel. But I was looking forward to cruising on the Liberty on March 27th after falling in love with the Freedom in May. The freedom moved to Galveston and now the Liberty is moving to San Juan. I just don't understand why.