Who can help me with Splendor questions?

L&J

Hi, my family just booked Splendor for February. We have sailed Conquest, Valor & Dream ships. Usually we do lots of research prior to booking but we were limited by dates and coordinating schedules.

We are wondering---

Are there ice cream stations on the Lido deck?

Are there food stations out by the pools like the Grill with burgers, fries, chili, and the Pizzeria?

What is the Rotisserie like?

We have a child with Celiac. What are her GF options on the ship?

Does it feel crowded in the main pool area? The pictures make it seem pretty closed in. The other ships seemed to have a more open tiered feeling.

Any other tips would be great. Thanks.

Hi, my family just booked Splendor for February. We have sailed Conquest, Valor & Dream ships. Usually we do lots of research prior to booking but we were limited by dates and coordinating schedules.

We are wondering---

Are there ice cream stations on the Lido deck? yes

Are there food stations out by the pools like the Grill with burgers, fries, chili, and the Pizzeria? all yes

What is the Rotisserie like? very good - great mac and cheese

We have a child with Celiac. What are her GF options on the ship? not sure

Does it feel crowded in the main pool area? The pictures make it seem pretty closed in. The other ships seemed to have a more open tiered feeling. it is pretty crowded but I always found a seat.

Just back today - the staff is awesome and if Consuela Ivy is on do not miss it she is absolutely amazing.

Splendor was my first ship in 2009. I was a great trip and I have good memories of it all.

You will not feel crowded, there is more than one pool area and the way the ship is laid out, there will be nice flow. There is a serenity deck for adults only.

Yes, ice cream stations in the Lido deck buffet area and other stations by the pool with pizza, burgers fries, hot dogs, nacho chips, etc. There will be plenty of food to eat.

If your child has dietary restrictions, please contact the ship ahead of time...they will make accommodations for your child and take special care. I believe you should email the Maitre D ...but check with Carnival or JH page and ask for the proper channels..he may even take care of it himself.

Have fun. I will try to find and post some pictures of the ship, as it was in 2009 from Long Beach.

Who is Consuela Ivy? will be on the Splendor in a few weeks.

She is a singer and was the show one night. Her voice is incredible and a lot of folks went to both shows as she really is that good,

Have fun - we had a great trip!

http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs/dietary-needs.aspx

Dietary Needs

Carnival Cruise Lines can provide our guests with the following special dietary needs: Vegetarian, Low-Cholesterol, Low-Fat, Low-Carbohydrates, Low-Sugar, Gluten Free, Indian Vegetarian, and Kosher. No advance notice is required; we kindly ask that you please inform our dining team so you can discuss your meal options. Additionally, we also request you advise our dining team of any food allergies you have. Any special dietary and food requests can be accommodated in our main dining rooms only.

Gluten Free:

Our chefs will make every effort possible to fulfill your requests and will gladly prepare freshly made options that meet your dietary needs. However, you will need to make arrangements in advance with your headwaiter and hostess. Once onboard, we ask you speak with them so they can assist in planning your daily meals in the dining room. This will allow us the necessary time to prepare foods, as requested, in a timely manner.

Additionally, we have available gluten free bread for deli sandwiches, hamburger buns for burgers, and cake upon request. Plus, our ice-cream and yogurt are Gluten-free and we offer Gluten-free pizza at the Pizzeria, as well as, Gluten free pasta on the pasta bar (only available on the Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Magic, and Carnival Sunshine). However, please keep in mind that sandwiches, burgers, and pizza are prepared fresh upon request. Therefore, they may take a little longer than regular menu items. We ask for your patience while we prepare your requested dish. We’d also like to mention we carry Gluten-free beer, Estrella Daura for your enjoyment.

Food Allergies:

We ask that you please inform our dining team of any food allergies and special preparation you may require to accommodate your allergy. Please discuss this the first evening of your cruise. Any special dietary and food requests can be accommodated in our main dining rooms only.

Healthy Food Selections:

Breakfast, lunch and dinner menus in the main dining room feature Healthy Option selections designated by a heart symbol on the menu.

• Starters and entrees are:

» Low in fat

» Low in sodium

» Low in cholesterol

• Desserts are prepared without sugar or sugar substitutes.

Other Dietary Needs:

Most simple diet requirements can be accommodated on board. We do not have dieticians on board; therefore, we can only offer assistance with simple requests such as the method of preparation of menu items. Diet requirements need to be arranged with the guest's head waiter on the first night of the cruise. If dining in the Lido Restaurant, the guest should discuss requirements with senior dining staff.

If you need additional information, please contact us specialneeds@carnival.com.

Rotisseriere is wonderful...........not a large selection of choices, but chicken and mac n cheese who needs anything else ? ? ? ? not a lot of people find it....take the stairs by the dessert station in the Lido buffet to Deck 10 and there it is !

Conquest and Splendor have almost the same deckplan. It's so similar that when we first boarded the Conquest DH asked if we had been on the ship before. Guess he never noticed Splendor's srtiped donuts.:rolleyes:

Splendor is wider than the Conquest. More seating in the buffet. Unless it's changed, we found the benches in the buffet to seat very low. As in table 'up to neck' low.

The Tandoor is located all the way aft, outside. Open only for lunch and is very good.

Do a search for Gluten Free or Celiac. Tons of things will show up.

Thanks for the responses everyone. We cruised in January and the Dream was excellent with her Celiac gluten free diet. I was just wondering about specifics on the Splendor, especially since the Pasta Bar doesn't exist on this ship. It removes one of her choices for lunch :( I wish they had Guy's Burgers, but they don't have that either.

Can anyone tell me if the rotisserie has a GF option?

We are wondering---

Are there ice cream stations on the Lido deck?

Are there food stations out by the pools like the Grill with burgers, fries, chili, and the Pizzeria?

What is the Rotisserie like?

We have a child with Celiac. What are her GF options on the ship?

Does it feel crowded in the main pool area? The pictures make it seem pretty closed in. The other ships seemed to have a more open tiered feeling.

I was on the Splendor in January 2013. Here is a link to my review with photographs ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1777222