Platinum question?

LynnAnne

I'm platinum, I know my husband can board with me. My sister and cousin are going on the next cruise with us, can they board with me also? They aren't staying in the same cabin as us. It would be so nice if they could.

Nope, but they can buy FTTF and you can board with them. Or you can check in and then wait with them in general boarding.

Carnival used to allow things like that to slide, but since they introduced FTTF and took away the credit card loophole, it's cut down on what they can do.

LOL, my mom will reap the rewards of being in my cabin while my sister and her friend wait in General Boarding :) But I will be nice and take their carry-ons to my room when they get on board.

That is possibly the best perk of being Platinum--I love that we can drop our stuff and go. You're a nice friend to share the love.:D

No they will not be able to board with you. My wife and I are Platinum but my 3 teenagers are not. Last cruise not only were my in-laws not allowed to board with us but neither were my kids. Furthermore, we had to wait through two lines as our boarding passes were in the Platinum lounge while our kid's boarding passes were in the general check-in area. We waited around until general boarding and got on as a family.

No they will not be able to board with you. My wife and I are Platinum but my 3 teenagers are not. Last cruise not only were my in-laws not allowed to board with us but neither were my kids. Furthermore, we had to wait through two lines as our boarding passes were in the Platinum lounge while our kid's boarding passes were in the general check-in area. We waited around until general boarding and got on as a family.

Sorry but this was your fault. When we were in this situation- our girls not being platinum yet, we would book one of us in their cabin as the "Adult" and put one of them in our cabin.. then they can switch once on board. But then EVERYONE goes to the VIP lounge together.

As long as your kids were minors (18-21 gets murky), they are supposed to board with you. Sorry that happened, that's the one scenario that Carnival's CSRs swear up and down won't happen. We end up making sure there's a Platinum person in each cabin and switch later, just in case. Kudos to you for making the best of it though. I'd send a little love note to Carnival about that particular experience--cclsupport{at}carnival.com.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Last March we had two cabins. Since I paid for both cabins the second cabin was able to sit in the VIP lounge and board with us. We were on the Freedom.

Believe that situation has been changed within the last few months. Too many people were getting priority boarding. Now you must be in the same cabin or purchase FTTF.

Just boarded Magic last wk.

Our kids, 21 & 17, both Gold, are in connecting cabin & boarded with us to the Platinum Capt's lounge & were allowed to board with us with no problems.

Figured that if they didn't let them board with us, we'll leave them both with the pier personnel behind without credit card for them to take care of....

Figured that if they didn't let them board with us, we'll leave them both with the pier personnel behind without credit card for them to take care of....

That could have been interesting to watch play out.

Edited by Disconnections