Need something new in FLL (hotel)

mitsugirly

We've stayed at the sleep inn Dania numerous times over the past few years. It's a great hotel for a quick pre-cruise stay. Even if the Publix has moved there is still a walgreens right next door that is open 24/7. The free breakfast also offers a few hot items. I've also stayed at both Comfort Inn on Sterling and Comfort Inn and Suites and prefer the Sleep Inn. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've stayed at the sleep inn Dania numerous times over the past few years. It's a great hotel for a quick pre-cruise stay. Even if the Publix has moved there is still a walgreens right next door that is open 24/7. The free breakfast also offers a few hot items. I've also stayed at both Comfort Inn on Sterling and Comfort Inn and Suites and prefer the Sleep Inn. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That helps a lot. Thank you so much for the information. I think that Sleep Inn will suit us just fine for an overnight stay. I did google earth it and found the Walgreens next door, so that will be fine for us to gets some drinks to take with us. (Or I guess we could always stop somewhere along the way driving from Tampa to FLL and grab some). There seems to be some type of strip mall across the street as well. Hopefully there's a place to get something to eat over there as well?

I did a google search for a promo code for LMTCLUB.com, and found TURKEYSENTME and I put it in and it dropped the membership cost to $0.:)

I was able to get in the LMT finally. When I backed out of it when it was requesting information for a cc, I went back and I thought it had signed me up automatically because it was now working. Come to find out that I must have signed up for this club back in 2012 because my info was already in there under my email address as a member. I just must have forgot signing up for it or something. :p

That helps a lot. Thank you so much for the information. I think that Sleep Inn will suit us just fine for an overnight stay. I did google earth it and found the Walgreens next door, so that will be fine for us to gets some drinks to take with us. (Or I guess we could always stop somewhere along the way driving from Tampa to FLL and grab some). There seems to be some type of strip mall across the street as well. Hopefully there's a place to get something to eat over there as well?

We last stayed there in January of 2014. The Publix was still open at that time. There is also a Dollar Tree and an Italian Restaurant in that plaza (strip mall). There is a place called Dough Boys Pizzeria and Italian Restaurant that will deliver right to the hotel. The front desk will give you a menu. They have excellent pizza, hot & cold subs, salads, etc. Everything we've tried from there over the years has been very good!

Hi,

Publix got moved on Easter.

Here is a link to that information and also some information about places to eat close by:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2035218&highlight=publix+moved

The Walgreen is really close to the hotel and the small mall is like 100 yards away, very easy walking.

Edited by wieslaw

We have stayed at the Sleep Inn twice and have it booked for this Nov. I need a park'n'cruise and it works for us. As has been said nothing fancy but reasonable for one night. We usually eat at the Italian restaurant next door and they let us split an entree since we can't use a doggie bag:)

Nice people and an organized shuttle service.

We last stayed there in January of 2014. The Publix was still open at that time. There is also a Dollar Tree and an Italian Restaurant in that plaza (strip mall). There is a place called Dough Boys Pizzeria and Italian Restaurant that will deliver right to the hotel. The front desk will give you a menu. They have excellent pizza, hot & cold subs, salads, etc. Everything we've tried from there over the years has been very good!

Is Dough Boys close by? As in walking distance? I seriously hate when we have ordered things to the hotel and have to eat in our room. It just because a messy mess and I don't like eating on the beds or at a small table (if the room even has one). I would much rather go out some where to eat.

Are there any other options to walk to around there to have a fairly cheap meal? I really wish there was a fast food chain close by like McDonalds, BK or whatever. I hate spending a lot of money prior to the cruise.

Hi,

Publix got moved on Easter.

Here is a link to that information and also some information about places to eat close by:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2035218&highlight=publix+moved

The Walgreen is really close to the hotel and the small mall is like 100 yards away, very easy walking.

Thanks for the link. I posted asking a few questions in that thread, but I'm hiding in the corner at the moment hoping that the extremely rude BlueHerrons doesn't come out to play bully with me. Wow, so rude. I almost didn't post in the thread. I hate when people are so mean and hateful. :(

We have stayed at the Sleep Inn twice and have it booked for this Nov. I need a park'n'cruise and it works for us. As has been said nothing fancy but reasonable for one night. We usually eat at the Italian restaurant next door and they let us split an entree since we can't use a doggie bag:)

Nice people and an organized shuttle service.

Do you find that the Italian place has reasonable prices?

We are probably definitely booking this place. I spoke to my daughter this afternoon (she has been out of town for the weekend) and it sounded like she was game on booking it. It's just too good of a deal to pass by. :D

Hi,

please use this link to see more about the Italian rest. and also click on the " what's nearby'.

We ate at the Italian place .... was very good ..... moderate prices but it can add up pretty quick.

http://www.insidefortlauderdale.com/8916/don-and-vinnys-dania-beach

They open at 4PM.

For 6 people you might look at the other two places right next to the Italian.... or look on the map for other nearby restaurants.

Edited by wieslaw

Hi,

please use this link to see more about the Italian rest. and also click on the " what's nearby'.

We ate at the Italian place .... was very good ..... moderate prices but it can add up pretty quick.

http://www.insidefortlauderdale.com/8916/don-and-vinnys-dania-beach

They open at 4PM.

For 6 people you might look at the other two places right next to the Italian.... or look on the map for other nearby restaurants.

Thanks for the link. I took a look around. It doesn't really seem like there's much variety in the area and not too much that appeals to me. I guess it will have to do though. The review didn't look too great of that place. :( Maybe I'll have to try out the Chinese place. Hmmm

Glad all your hard work (research) is paying off for you and you get a great deal for your pre-cruise hotel...Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks!

Dough Boys is a pizzaria a few miles away. Poncho's Mexican is right by the hotel as are the Italian and Chinese places mentioned above. I can't recall any other food options too closeby. Poncho's is very good and reasonably priced. For those who might not like Mexican food, they have salads.

Is Dough Boys close by? As in walking distance? I seriously hate when we have ordered things to the hotel and have to eat in our room. It just because a messy mess and I don't like eating on the beds or at a small table (if the room even has one). I would much rather go out some where to eat.

Are there any other options to walk to around there to have a fairly cheap meal? I really wish there was a fast food chain close by like McDonalds, BK or whatever. I hate spending a lot of money prior to the cruise.

No fast food areas but just know that if you do order from Dough Boys (or any other delivery place) that you can eat by the pool or in the breakfast area. The pool area has tables, chairs and umbrellas and the breakfast area is a pretty large area with lots of tables and a big flat screen tv. One night we sat in there, ate our pizza, and watched football.

No fast food areas but just know that if you do order from Dough Boys (or any other delivery place) that you can eat by the pool or in the breakfast area. The pool area has tables, chairs and umbrellas and the breakfast area is a pretty large area with lots of tables and a big flat screen tv. One night we sat in there, ate our pizza, and watched football.

Oh my gosh...hitting self in forehead now. Why haven't I ever thought of this???? (Getting the food and just taking it to the tables at the hotel or even by the pool). Geesh. I guess I haven't had my thinking cap on when cruising. LOL Great idea and problem solved. We'll be happy now.

On another note....we ended up booking this place. We got an awesome deal on it ($86 per room and got the 2 beds and a sofa in each) and I think we made a good decision.

THANK YOU EVERYONE for your contributions to this thread. I really appreciate it. I love cc and all the helpful people on here. You guys are truly amazing. :)

Just wanted to second (third or fourth maybe more like it) the Sleep Inn recommendations for what you're looking for. I stayed in Jan 2012 and Jan 2013 and was happy with both stays. The pool area is nice and (the important factor for me) there are waffles at the breakfast. As others have mentioned there's it a ton in the area but it does the job. Both times I went to the Italian place across the street and enjoyed it.

Id stay there again, and the price is right!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just wanted to second (third or fourth maybe more like it) the Sleep Inn recommendations for what you're looking for. I stayed in Jan 2012 and Jan 2013 and was happy with both stays. The pool area is nice and (the important factor for me) there are waffles at the breakfast. As others have mentioned there's it a ton in the area but it does the job. Both times I went to the Italian place across the street and enjoyed it.

Id stay there again, and the price is right!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good to hear. Thanks for commenting. :)