Another "Will I Make It?!" - Tampa

Kali22

Hi all -

We are going on Paradise Nov 1 - 6, 2014.

We want to (and have to because of work) fly home on the 6th. I had wanted to book a flight that leaves the Tampa airport at 1:30 PM. Normally, I would feel just fine about making this flight, however, with all the stories about fog, I'm nervous!

I've read a lot of reviews of the Paradise around the same time frame we are going and no one has said anything about being delayed from fog.

Has anyone been delayed in November from fog? Should I be concerned and book a later flight or do you think we should be all right?

Thank you!

I have sailed two cruises from Tampa with both ending in early November. We had no problems what-so-ever with arriving at the port on time. First cruise, we had a 2pm flight so did the traditional debark. We were zone 16 and to the airport by 10:45. We checked in with our airlines and had a leisurely lunch at Carabba's. There is also a TGI Friday's on the ticketing side and a Chili's and a few other sit-down restaurants, over on airside. Second cruise, we stressed over an 11:30 am flight, did self-assist debark and was at the airport checked in and having coffee by 9:20 am.

In my personal opinion, any flights after noon from Tampa should be OK. If there is fog.... it could deter the ship for hours so even those with mid to late afternoon flights would be affected...... there is really no good way to predict.

If it were me, I would not stress over your flight time. Go have FUN !! :)

Dont worry about the fog, 130pm flight is good. Last year there were two times I saw fog holding the ships out of the channel. One ship got into port at 230pm and the other at 530pm. You never know how long the fog will hold you up. Enjoy your cruise.