New Princess sale coming

caribill

Saw the new sale last night on the Princess site. I woke up very excited and ready to book our first cruise.

So you can now imagine my great disappointment when I find out this morning that every British Isles cruise BUT the one we're taking qualifies for the sale.

Our cruise dates are firm since they coincide with another event. I suppose this falls into the "First World Problem" category. :o

I'll continue to count my blessings - of which there are many!

Kristen

Sometimes it pays to check and double check! It turns out the British Isles cruise we wanted IS on sale!

Thank You, God!!

So now we are officially booked on our first Princess cruise!

Kristen

Sometimes it pays to check and double check! It turns out the British Isles cruise we wanted IS on sale!

Thank You, God!!

So now we are officially booked on our first Princess cruise!

Kristen

I called today & got some extra onboard credit, members of my Roll Call was talking about it, Called and got some extra credit. Usually I check Princess web site daily which I did not do.

Kristen............ hope you enjoy your first Princess cruise, we always have a fantastic time on board those ships :).

After doing so well on the Caribbean sale over the weekend I was so excited I was up at 0200 checking the sale for our BI cruise next August. Well, we are booked in our TA's "group" rate and the sale did nothing for us at all....but we are almost a year out and there will likely be other sales and promos in the months ahead.:)

Check with your TA.

The TA "group rate" is the current price less any discount Princess gives the TA for having a group of cabins.

So, theoretically, if the base price is less now than when you booked, the group rate should also be lower.

We had been planning an Alaskan cruise for our 15th wedding anniversary next June. Yesterday the mini was over $1900pp and today with the sale it was $1600pp plus over $300 OBC. I also applied for the Princess Visa and earned points for another $50 OBC. I figure we will use the card to pay the cruise balance and earn even more credits. So happy!

Check with your TA.

The TA "group rate" is the current price less any discount Princess gives the TA for having a group of cabins.

So, theoretically, if the base price is less now than when you booked, the group rate should also be lower.

Good point, I will certainly ask the question.

Thats an interesting change in wording...free Shore Excursion money AND free Spending money? It all goes to the same place in your account unless they are going to actually enforce using the Shorex credit for Shorex.

Terry

This forces you to buy the Princess overpriced shore excursions instead of with local guides which are always much cheaper, smaller groups, more flexible, include more, etc. etc. Almost never book ship tours and have never been sorry and I've been on over 40 cruises.

Last night I emailed my US TA, and asked if our Europe cruise next May was covered by the 3 for Free offer. We got an additional $230 OBC. Very nice! I checked My Princess booking this morning and it says Shore Ex/On Board Credit - so assume we can use it as we want to.

I called today & got some extra onboard credit, members of my Roll Call was talking about it, Called and got some extra credit. Usually I check Princess web site daily which I did not do.

Kristen............ hope you enjoy your first Princess cruise, we always have a fantastic time on board those ships :).

Hey thanks! I'm feeling confident we will certainly enjoy ourselves.

Congrats on your extra OBC!

Kristen

I have just heard from our TA, we have saved $750 across our 3 January cruises. There is another $250 worth of OBCs available to us but our FCCs become non-transferable and non-refundable so that is a bit of a quandary.

Thats odd. I had a cruise booked using my FCC and when I added another cruise I had them take the FCC off of the short cruise and put it on the longer cruise. I did however have to ask and also pay up front the 100 for the shorter cruise prior to them taking it off of that cruise. Maybe thats the glitch.

This forces you to buy the Princess overpriced shore excursions instead of with local guides which are always much cheaper, smaller groups, more flexible, include more, etc. etc. Almost never book ship tours and have never been sorry and I've been on over 40 cruises.

No, you do not have to use any Princess excursions.

The small print (enlarged here):

‡Free shore excursion credit of $200 per stateroom ($100 per person) applies to 11+ day voyages, and $100 per stateroom ($50 per person) applies to 7-10 day voyages for cruises advertised in this promotion only. A credit in the respective dollar amount will be posted to your stateroom account upon embarkation. This credit may be used for any excursion purchased during your cruise, including any that were pre-reserved online. Credit may be used on a single voyage only, is not redeemable for cash and expires at the end of that voyage. Any unused credit will be applied toward the stateroom account balance when balance is equal to or exceeds amount of credit.

I was checking on prices for transatlantic crossings from Southampton UK to FLL in 2015 on Royal Princess.

The price for a solo cabin 14 day trip is just under $4000:eek:Could this be due to the 3 for 1 offer ?.....Heather

This was quoted for an inside cabin?:eek:

Once again, Princess stuffs it to solo cruisers. Tried booking as 2 pax and everything is fine. Try booking it with one pax and "pricing, cabin, date....not available." A few of the offerings are available to solos but not many. :(

As others have mentioned you need to call. I am pricing solo cabins for Alaska 2015 and I haven't come across any pricing issues - going from 2 down to 1 passenger.....

Check with your TA.

Good point, I will certainly ask the question.

I guess I owe you an adult bevy, TA got back to me a few minutes ago with a couple hundred dollar savings in fare and some $300in additional OBCs. So in total this week I have picked up a total of some $1500 on 4 cruises. I am a happy cruiser!:D

Edited by Putterdude

Yippeee! Saved almost $1100 on our British Isles cruise next August with the sale (including the OBC)...thanks Princess ;)

You are going to LOVE that cruise. We did it last August specifically for the Tattoo. Very port intensive, kept us on the run for sure. Hey, I can relax at home!

This cruise is one of the 3 for 1

Royal Princess Sunday 6th September 2015

Lowest solo inside cabin price $3958.24.Canadian

15 days Southampton to FLL the normal transatlantic route?

No past passenger incentive........Heather:eek:

Thanks for posting on this sale!!! I called today and received over a $500 credit to my card (we had already paid in full), $50/person shore excursion credit and $25/person OBC for our July, 2015 Alaskan cruisetour. I am quite pleased with this! We also could have upgraded to a mini-suite and still received a refund but I elected for the whole refund as it will be more money to spend doing things off of the ship!!!

Thanks again!!! :D

Just took a look at a couple of the Mediterranean sailings next Summer, and it looks like the prices have come down a fair bit on what they were last time we looked. Still a lot more than NCL for basically the same itinerary, but enough that we might be able to look at it.

This cruise is one of the 3 for 1

Royal Princess Sunday 6th September 2015

Lowest solo inside cabin price $3958.24.Canadian

15 days Southampton to FLL the normal transatlantic route?

No past passenger incentive........Heather:eek:

Has anyone got any idea why this cruise is so expensive?