the cruise on centry ship 8/03/2015 Vietnam and the Phillipines itinery

plumstead

We have received information that this itinery has been changed to only one day in Vietnam and two days in Hong Kong my husband is really dissapointed at this because he wanted to spend two days seeing Vietnam,and the Phillapines, as we have already seen Hong Kong. I spoke to Celebrity about this and said that they need to change the title of the cruise to read Hong Kong and the Phillipines but they said that they won't be doing this in the near future. I said that we would now consider cancelling or looking for another cruise.

I went on the web site yesterday to look at simular cruises only to find that the iteinery for the cruise to Vietnam and the Phillipines on the centry ship on the 8/3/2015 still says two days in Vietnam.

Do you think we are entitled to some compensation as we cannot find another cruise suitable to the one we chose.

Too bad you are from the UK, as your cancellation penalties are different from those in the US. In any case, the cruise lines have the right to change their itinerary for any reason, be it weather, or strikes, or civil unrest, or conflict with the port schedule, or mechanical issues or really, anything at all. Don't look for any kind of compensation, as there probably won't be any.

OH, there are so many things that should be changed on the website, this is just one of many. For instance, there is a cruise next May on Millennium in Alaska. It doesn't include a CruiseTour. It is titled

"Post-Cruise Alaska Cruisetour #8"

It's a round-trip from Vancouver, no CruiseTour. It's been pointed out several times but never gets changed. That's the frustration of the Celebrity website.

• 4 weeks later...

We had an email last week to say that Celebrity have changed the itinerary back to what it was, 2 days in Vietnam and 1 in Hong Kong, my husband in really pleased now and looking forward to his cruise for his 65th birthday.

I am trying to find out how this came about was it the customers complaining??

It could have been any number of things. Customer complaints might have played a part, or some other ship might have changed their itinerary, opening up a slot for the Celebrity ship to stay another day. Or there could have been a previously unknown conflict in Hong Kong. You will just never know what caused the change originally, or what caused it to revert to the previous schedule.