general forward cabin question

I just upgraded from an outside ocean view on deck three mid ship on the enchantment to a balcony on deck seven forward. I have never booked a forward due to the thought that there would be more movement felt. Can anyone offer any insight to this belief? The deal was to good to pass up at only $50 more pp.

Sounds like you got a gook upgrade deal. I have had forward cabins and have not really found too much of a difference. I sometimes felt the motion of dropping anchor but that wasn't bad either. I am an early riser and do not usually have a problem with motion sickness.

I just upgraded from an outside ocean view on deck three mid ship on the enchantment to a balcony on deck seven forward. I have never booked a forward due to the thought that there would be more movement felt. Can anyone offer any insight to this belief? The deal was to good to pass up at only $50 more pp.
Didn't bother me I was just in 7020 on EN 8/18. Edited by FLACRUISER99

It is true that the higher and farther from mid ship you get, the more motion there is.

We have been in cabins right behind the Bridge many times. On average, I found that we moved 2 inches more than mid ship.

We have been in cabins right behind the Bridge many times. On average, I found that we moved 2 inches more than mid ship.

try in a good storm. Your 2 in would become 20 ft whereas midship would be a fraction of that

Edited by SeaUs

try in a good storm. Your 2 in would become 20 ft whereas midship would be a fraction of that
I guess it depends on your tolerance to motion. I don't mind or notice it at all. Other folks that get sea sick easily should probably avoid these types of cabins.

And in a BAD storm, the whole ship will be in motion, so try to pick a cabin with it's own stabilizer.

Calm seas, you won't even notice it. I was just on Navigator on the very most fwd OV cabins facing the helipad and almost no motion the whole trip but had calm seas.

Rhapsody Alaska at sea day 2 going around Vancouver Island in the Pacific we had high swells... watched many people enjoy the Solarium "tidal wave" pool as it sloshed back and forth over the edges:p I'm good with motion so I was fine with it, but could definitely feel it. Down in my deck 2 mid-ship INT I couldn't feel a thing. Simple science, place a ruler on your finger tip and bob it up and down a little bit... a very very rudimentary analogy yes but in "bobbing" rough seas if your cabin is in the middle of the ruler close to your finger you will bob less, at the farther ends either fwd or aft, there will be more motion.

For the record... for $50 go with the balcony and pop some Bonine pills! That's a great upgrade. Have an awesome cruise :D

Are you very sensitive to motion?

We usually book cabins upfront, and never had an issue with motion, not even during a storm. Sure, we've felt the ship move, but it didn't adversely affect us.

Other considerations: Some ships have better stabilizers than others. Also, motion would vary by itinerary (distance between ports, cruising speed, part of the ocean/sea crossed, etc).

Edited by DonnaK

It does move more the further forward you get and also the higher you get for sideways

Movement

Just depends how affected you get by it to whether or not shod do it

Never bothers me but my better half I have to get a

Mid ship cabin for her

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I sailed on Radiance a few years back (Mexican Riviera). On the way back to San Diego we were getting tossed around in our foward cabin so bad we could not stand in the room to pack. So off we went to the lounge at the rear of the ship to play cards until the seas calmed down.

Needless to say it's midship and aft cabins for us from now on.

Thanks for all the responses. I have never had a problem with motion as of yet. We are near the forward elevators. Is this far forward or more towards mid?

The forward elevators are forward, not mid.