GYM on Divina

AlbertusMagnus

Here I go again!!! Just read a review that said there are only 5 bicycles and 5 treadmills. For 4300 people? This must be a mistake!! Can anyone speak to the the amount of equipment they have on the ship. We are gym users. I use the bike and then lift weights, my wife uses the treadmill and then does weights.

Shed some light on this picture. We're booked, but beginning to have doubts.

Ciao,

Alberto

Here I go again!!! Just read a review that said there are only 5 bicycles and 5 treadmills. For 4300 people? This must be a mistake!! Can anyone speak to the the amount of equipment they have on the ship. We are gym users. I use the bike and then lift weights, my wife uses the treadmill and then does weights.

Shed some light on this picture. We're booked, but beginning to have doubts.

Ciao,

Alberto

There are more than 5 treadmills but I cant tell you exact amount.

Check out this review.

5,000+ Club

One thing that I really disliked about MSC Divina was that unless you were in the Yacht Club, there is no way of going to the top front decks and look forward. I think that was a lousy call from MSC, at least the Breakaway class has half of the ship for regular passengers and the other half for Haven. Anyway, I guess I just dislike being treated differently, I understand that they are paying a premium. But having access to the front of the ship is really nice and I make it there often in my voyages. So back to the spa topic, the only way you can see the front of the ship if you are not in the Yacht Club, is by going to the gym. The Gym is part of the spa, and of course it is free to use. However, as much as I said that I was going to go every day to the gym, I did not do it even once. That meant that the only time I saw the bow of the ship was on boarding day and the TV ship camera. Not a big deal, but it is something to be noted nonetheless.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps4f425bb5.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps815ecb59.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps4a5f846a.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...psc6f938e1.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps5db8183a.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps300bf25f.jpg

As far as remember, on Fantasia and Splendida, which are same class as Divina, there were about 10 treadmills, 5 bicycles, 4 cross trainers and two steppers. Small weight lifting area, two benches only. Also, there are few resistance machines and folded mats for stretching.

I have to queue for a treadmill, but never waited longer than few minutes. They expect you not to exceed 20 minutes, which is fine with me, but I know some people like to run longer.

Overall, for the size of the ship and capacity, gym is very small and poorly equipped, but I try to make best use of it

Here's 1 gym pics for you. We just got off Divina yesterday. I was in the gym everyday.

All my pics are too large to load so I had to resize it just to add this one. We usually went to the gym around 2ish in the afternoon.

753095032_SAM_1074(2)(600x450).jpg.5b4c902d23f1e2753e49106f4120bb1d.jpg

9 treadmills and 3 ellipticals. They have 4 bikes but on our cruise two were broken. Cruise ships gyms are all too small and overcrowded. They really don't realize how many people like to exercise on a cruise.

Send from Danny

DWPOLICE,,these bikes????

<a href=MSCDivina08-23-2014215of829_zps77ee0594.

Here's 1 gym pics for you. We just got off Divina yesterday. I was in the gym everyday.

All my pics are too large to load so I had to resize it just to add this one. We usually went to the gym around 2ish in the afternoon.

Do they have barbells in the gym ? Bench press ?

Those bikes are for a fee and part of the spinning class. Know what you are talking about before making a wise comment.

Send from Danny

I was simply asking if these are the bikes you were speaking of,,,but thank you for taking my comment completely out of context!!!!

I was simply asking if these are the bikes you were speaking of,,,but thank you for taking my comment completely out of context!!!!

Other people on these boards have had issues with you and you always put the blame on the other and not yourself. Maybe you should be more clear.

Send from Danny

Other people on these boards have had issues with you and you always put the blame on the other and not yourself. Maybe you should be more clear.

Send from Danny

Very interesting,,,first I've heard of this, but ok???:roll eyes: Thanks for the advice though,,I'll be more mindful when commenting on your posts in the future!!

The gym is packed early in the mornings (6:30am-8am) from my experience. People were waiting for cardio machines. I've gone later and didn't have to wait for machines.

There is a 30 min time limit on cardio machines, however I found that certain guests do not adhere to the rules. 3 days in a row I saw the same 2 women on ellipticals (there were only 4) for AT LEAST 1 hour. When I asked one lady if she was done after 30 minutes, she replied "NO" and reset her time for another 30minutes. The staff weren't helpful with reinforcing the rules either.

• 2 years later...