Barcelona - Sagrada Familia - booking help!

lalalemon

Hi there,

I'm just trying to book our tickets for Sagrada Familia but I'm so confused!

We can get off ship at 8am and all aboard is at 10pm, what time would be best to go?!

Also during the booking process, it's asking us to book a two hour slot to go the two different towers, do we book this for the same as our main time slot? Or a different time?

Such a confusing booking process!

Also as we're booking in advance will we have to stand in line to get in, or do we just go in?

Thanks in advance!

For prebooked tickets the line is short, or no line ar all.

Why visit both towers? Both are very similar. We lined Naixement a bit better then Passion.

If I recall correctly you first select a timeslot for entrance to Sagrada Familia and afterwards a timeslot for your tower visit. After visiting the tower you can visit the church.

With the docking times there is no best time. I would start around Las Ramblas and take a taxi or metro a half hour before the Sagrada timeslot.

I would pad my time. We've had various experiences our 3 times in Barcelona.

One time the wait for the buses was so long we walked into town (because another ship was disembarking as we were arriving). Another time we were quite a distance away and everyone had to take a shuttle to leave (it took about 30 minutes to fill up before they would leave).

This summer, it was an absolute breeze! No waiting, plenty of taxis. So YMMV.

I would give myself plenty of time between arrival and my visit. If it were me, I would do it after noon, just to be sure.

Enjoy Barcelona!

Pre-purchased ticket entrance is on the other side of the ticket booths when you get there. Just go to the opposite side of where the lines are. It is relatively fast to get in. Go early as it gets very crowded by mid day. The whole tour there deserves 2-3 hours time.

Both tower are basically the same except maybe the view will be slightly different at the top. I wouldn't worry about the time slot being too close. Once you are down from he tower, you can continue you stay in the main floor level.

We did one tower, the one on the Nativity side. It was great! I recommend doing the tower. We went at 10am and it wasn't too crowded. It gets more crowded midday. You can do the tower whenever, but after you visit the tower you can see the church again.