Would this be really wrong?

Naomi John

[quote name='Joanne G.']In my experience, when everybody could go to their cabins upon boarding, that was when boarding didn't start until later in the afternoon, when cabins were all ready. And I believe the routine cleaning during the week is less of a burden for the stewards than the complete turnaround on embarkation day.

So, I think it is considerate of us to stay our of their way as much as possible on embarkation day. I would tend to agree with those who say the less foot traffic in the hallways, the sooner the stewards can complete their work s[I]o [/I]all of us can get to our cabins.[/QUOTE]

Well, we only started cruising in the 80's, yet the boarding time was the same. This was also back when the air and transfers were included, and could be deducted if you didn't use them.

And we went straight to our room.
But to make this as an excuse not to, under the OP scenario, is quite ludicrous.

Again, some are making it sound like the cabin halls are march way sections, and they aren't like that even when the ship is sailing. Edited by Orison

[quote name='irishnyc']You're not supposed to go to your room AT ALL unless you've earned it, or purchased that right. Simply being on board does not give you the right to go to your room before they give the okay to.[/QUOTE]

You are correct....you are not supposed to....BUT you can get away with it sometimes.

Just like speeding.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote name='Orison']It wasn't a concern when EVERYBODY could go directly to their cabin when boarding, and it's NOT a concern now. It doesn't even slow them down during the week, so this is all rubbish.[/quote]

Have you ever been a steward? I think they would see things differently, constant interruptions do slow the process. That's true no matter what the situation or the job.

[quote name='YB Nrml']Have you ever been a steward? I think they would see things differently, constant interruptions do slow the process. That's true no matter what the situation or the job.[/QUOTE]

How are they interrupted cleaning a room by someone walking down a hall? The cabin in question through all this is already available to the passenger. I have never witnessed a steward stopping work in a cabin because someone walked by the door in the hallway. :confused:

[quote name='Bookbug53']How are they interrupted cleaning a room by someone walking down a hall? The cabin in question through all this is already available to the passenger. I have never witnessed a steward stopping work in a cabin because someone walked by the door in the hallway. :confused:[/quote]

They have their cleaning carts in the halls that they go back and forth to for supplies, they stop to speak to you as you walk by, they have to stand aside to let you by, they are going back and forth for supplies, equipment etc, from their storage room, they have to move around a lot and it's much easier and faster when no one is in the way.

Here's an example: I work in retail, we get to work 1 hour before the store opens. We answer the phones as soon as we arrive. If someone calls before we're open and asks for a particular item it's easy to run and see if we have it. If that same person calls after we open I will usually be stopped several times by customers in the store who have a question, are blocking an aisle so I have to go around etc. So that same call that takes me 20 seconds to complete before we're open may take me several minutes to complete once we have customers on the sales floor.

Must admit I like the idea of 4 less roller bags littering the aisles in lido or public rooms. Also think if two people can take all the bags to the early room nobody is hurt. The extra people simply pick their stuff up when the allowed folks head back to their room after lunch or whenever. No problemo