Lobster on the Gem

Glamourgal

Hi, I have a large group of cruisers going on the Gem in Jan, 2015. Can anyone, recently on the Gem tell me if lobster tail is being served and what night...main dining room or buffet??...Thanks!!

Lobster tail is no longer being served in the MDR. I've heard conflicting reports if it's being served in the buffet. At first, I believe they were but think now that they aren't. Maybe someone else can help you there as I'm not a 'buffet' person.

Harriet

Ship by ship in the name of introducing an "improved" menu, NCL has been withdrawing lobster tails from the MDR and the buffet and substituting an inedible dish of lobster pasta with a few stray pieces of lobster if you can find any at the buffet on sea food night. Ship by ship. Whether this has reached the Gem or not you'll have to ask people who have been on the Gem lately but that's no guarangtee it won't happen by January 2015.

Thanks everyone...at least I can let my group know that they may or may not get lobster on our cruise. I don't want them to get on the ship and find out then...I think if you know it ahead of time it won't be such a disappointment if it's not there and if it is then that will be all the better.

The search button is your friend

I couldn't agree more and I use it all of the time...This time I wanted someone who may have just gotten off the Gem for their insight!!

Thanks everyone...at least I can let my group know that they may or may not get lobster on our cruise. I don't want them to get on the ship and find out then...I think if you know it ahead of time it won't be such a disappointment if it's not there and if it is then that will be all the better.

I couldn't agree more and I use it all of the time...This time I wanted someone who may have just gotten off the Gem for their insight!!

Tell your friends that they will not be disappointed by the missing lobsters. The lobsters were never "lobsters" as the imagination conjures up early days cruise ship menu. They were only the very small several ounce types. I love NCL and actually enjoy all the food and eating opportunities. However, the lobsters seemed to be only provided to satisfy the few guests requirements that they be served "lobster" during their cruise. No big loss with them now missing off the menu. Go down to Publix when they have the little frozen ones on sale and you'll have the same thing. Usually 3 or 4 in a small package.

Edited by roger001