explorer deck 3?

We are thinking of a cabin upgrade from a center inside on deck 9> This will be a change to ocean view deck 3. It will be for the same price. My concern was deck three seemed very busy with lots of activity and noisy venues like clubs and restaurants above and below. We really value the quiet more than the ocean view as we are rarely in our cabin. Your opinions and past experiences greatly appreciated.

When I started sailing solo, I switched from a balcony on the EX to an inside. I don't find the possibility of being in an oceanview on the EX appealing, so I have marked my preferences to "no upgrade" because I honestly don't think those lower level oceanviews are an upgrade.

What cabin number are you looking at on deck 3? What is you cabin number on deck 9 that you would give up?

We are thinking of a cabin upgrade from a center inside on deck 9> This will be a change to ocean view deck 3. It will be for the same price. My concern was deck three seemed very busy with lots of activity and noisy venues like clubs and restaurants above and below. We really value the quiet more than the ocean view as we are rarely in our cabin. Your opinions and past experiences greatly appreciated.

I think you answered your own question with how you asked it.Clubs and rest above and below.If you want to assure your quiet I would stay put.

I'm never in my room either. On the EX I can be just about anywhere - deck 4 Promenade, deck 11 solarium, Viking Crown, Promenade Cafe, Windjammer, MDR, Aquarium Bar, playing trivia, fitness center hot tub, pool deck for watching line dancing or silly contests, Etc etc. I take my book and move around to see what's happening. I'm only in my cabin to change and sleep. I don't hang out in my bedroom at home all day - why would I do that on a big wonderful cruise ship?

I would move. I like to be lower to the water, and on a deck that's convenient to the evening entertainment venues. I'd also like a window to let some natural light into the room, and to give it a more open and less claustrophobic feeling.