Faster to theFun

KEG0722

Even on a three day without tendering the FTTF was great for the DD and I. We literally walked on and off first which was perfect for us since embarking early meant being able to drop off the wine and water in a all ready prepared cabin and we had the ability to head home (long drive) early. We had quite a few issues onboard so the ability to call the special extension and go to the priority line of guest services made it worth every cent to us!

I thought I said most. I guess not. My apologies.

Nothing to apologize for, I hope I didn't sound like I was jumping on your head. I am jealous of the laundry perk. I bow down to you and your bazillion cruises, I'm not worthy! ;)

If you pay extra for the steakhouse, you are getting something that actually cost money - different food, different staff etc. A Balcony, or Suite is actually extra space. Just like a house, you pay for size.

However, many times, you can get the exact same service for "free". Like getting on the ship when you arrive at the port. Having your room available sooner and having your luggage delivered sooner. These are all items, that cost nothing to produce, and Carnival charges money for it. The point was, that why pay for something that is free?

Why do you care? If it's not worth it to you, don't do it! I don't see anybody here trying to convince others to do it, they are just sharing their experiences.

I travel solo and travel from the left coast to get to Caribbean cruises, it makes all the difference in the world to me to be able to drop off my bags before I go get something to eat. Having to juggle luggage while trying to get something to eat is a PITA. And having to stand and wait in long lines is hard on my feet (plantar faciitis).

Quick question...I am debating booking the FTTF for my next cruise on the Carnival Liberty out of San Juan. When I originally looked it had two times available and now it it's only showing one time 12 to 1. On the notes section it said the times do not matter...is this true? I would hate to get the FTTF and show up around 11 and then not be able to get on until noon!

IMHO this is definitely one time FTTF is not worth the money. I am doing this exact cruise for the 3rd time in the last 4 years and never have any lines to speak of boarding and there are no tender ports so the opportunity for it to be worth $50 is very very minimal.