Cruises of of NYC

pamrose228

So I was looking to book a cruise in Sept/Oct 2015 and all I can find is a couple of CCL to Canada which I don't want.

Are they planning something like a different ship, the fall is a perfect time for cruising out of the city and why nothing planned. Anyone know anything?

Carnival is pulling out of NYC for the late fall and winter months due to bad sales! There sending the Splendor to Miami to run 7 day eastern western to cover the conquest which is going to port Everglades for the freedom!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The Carnival Splendor Bahamas/Caribbean cruises out of NYC run thru August. Then they move to Canada/New England. You may be able to go on the reposition cruise from NYC one-way. You will have to catch a flight home. This year the reposition cruise is at the end of October and ends in San Juan. You will have to check the schedule for 2015.

You are correct, all cruise through October 4, 2015 are 7 day ones to NE/Canada....ugh, it's cold in Canada that time of year...no no no.....and I searched and searched and cant find a reposition cruise......assuming it's right after Oct 4th cruise, why wouldn't it be listed?

Yes, I did a quick check and I could not find a reposition cruise. It looks like Splendor is doing a few cruises out of Norfolk VA in October 2015.

I will be on Splendor in 11 days for a Sept 13 Canada/New England sailing. I did this same itinerary in 2012 and it was a good cruise but the temperature did range from the mid 60's in the Canada ports and the mid 70's in Boston and Portland. There is a lot to do in these ports and as long as you go in September, the weather will still be warm Not as warm as the Caribbean but still nice weather. Give it a try. You should enjoy it unless you really want the Caribbean. :cool:

I have done Canada ports twice on cruises and since I live in NYC been to most of the NE cities and Canadian ones also...just came back from a 4 day trip to Montreal. I yearn for the warmth of the Caribbean.

Actually I was praying for a Sept/October Bermuda run from NYC....low fuel charges and I think people would love it.

You are correct, all cruise through October 4, 2015 are 7 day ones to NE/Canada....ugh, it's cold in Canada that time of year...no no no.....and I searched and searched and cant find a reposition cruise......assuming it's right after Oct 4th cruise, why wouldn't it be listed?

Hey, some of us like cooler weather. October weather is my favorite all year. Except in the dead of my Ohio winter, I can't stand the thought of going somewhere hot, and even then, after 8 days away in the carribean, I look forward to coming home to snow. Honestly I wish Carnival would do more Canada, Alaska, and Northern Europe so I could cruise more.

In fact, I'm on the 9/27 sailing for my honeymoon.

Does anyone know what CCL plans to do in 2016 for cruising out of NYC? We live 20 minutes from port and it's really the only way we can cruise as we don't have to pay airfare/hotels/etc. For the lst time in forever, we will have to skip a year cruising (2015):mad::(:mad::( but hoping we get a good ship for the following year.

Does anyone know what CCL plans to do in 2016 for cruising out of NYC? We live 20 minutes from port and it's really the only way we can cruise as we don't have to pay airfare/hotels/etc. For the lst time in forever, we will have to skip a year cruising (2015):mad::(:mad::( but hoping we get a good ship for the following year.

Well I for one am hoping The Vista makes NYC home or at least a long visit.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Forums mobile app

Well I for one am hoping The Vista makes NYC home or at least a long visit.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Forums mobile app

I am keeping my fingers crosssed for the Breeze. I LOVE the colors I have seen in picture reviews and want to sink my teeth into a Guy's burger! :p;)

Karen, have you considered sailing out of Boston or Baltimore? Both are within a reasonable drive distance.

Yes, have considered Baltimore and the Pride. She is the only sprit class ship we haven't sailed on and we would love to re visit Baltimore-used to go there a long time ago when the Yankees played the Orioles in Camden Yards! I went to college right outside of Boston (Endicott in Beverly) and know that area also. It's just SO EASY living less than 1/2 hour from the port of Manhattan and if I am "holding out" I would kind of like to cruise on a new ship. I can go on the Splendor again, but we have done her 3x already. But thanks for the suggestion. Fingers crossed CCL gives us some payback for stealing our ships for a year! :rolleyes:

I am keeping my fingers crosssed for the Breeze. I LOVE the colors I have seen in picture reviews and want to sink my teeth into a Guy's burger! :p;)

Unlikely, as Carnival only puts ships with a dome over the main pool in cooler weather ports. That means Spirit class and Splendor only. Hopefully more of them will get 2.0 upgrades.

Though we have yet to see what the Vista will bring.

Unlikely, as Carnival only puts ships with a dome over the main pool in cooler weather ports. That means Spirit class and Splendor only. Hopefully more of them will get 2.0 upgrades.

Oh, never realized/thought of that. :confused: I was hoping they would bring the Breeze here for just a few cruises, like they did the Dream. She had her inaugural TA cruise, then I believe 2 CTN from NY, then a Bahamas cruise, then a repo cruise. We did the Bahamas cruise and it was fun to be on a brand new ship in every sense; new ship for us and new ship in the fleet! :cool:

Yes, have considered Baltimore and the Pride. She is the only sprit class ship we haven't sailed on and we would love to re visit Baltimore-used to go there a long time ago when the Yankees played the Orioles in Camden Yards! I went to college right outside of Boston (Endicott in Beverly) and know that area also. It's just SO EASY living less than 1/2 hour from the port of Manhattan and if I am "holding out" I would kind of like to cruise on a new ship. I can go on the Splendor again, but we have done her 3x already. But thanks for the suggestion. Fingers crossed CCL gives us some payback for stealing our ships for a year! :rolleyes:

I think if you're set on Carnival, your best bet is Baltimore. They do weekly 7 night cruises (except for the end of 2015) to Bahamas and Grand Turks. That's about it. The one thing I don't like about the Pride is their limited itinerary. In 2015, they have expanded it somewhat to have longer cruises and cruises to Bermuda, but I think its because Baltimore double booked its ports and Carnival had to adjust temporarily. They may return to the Sunday - sunday schedule once it levels out. If you expand your horizon a little, you still got NCL, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity within close driving distance to you.

Rccl and Ncl and celebrity all sail out of the region as well you know

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think if you're set on Carnival, your best bet is Baltimore. They do weekly 7 night cruises (except for the end of 2015) to Bahamas and Grand Turks. That's about it. The one thing I don't like about the Pride is their limited itinerary. In 2015, they have expanded it somewhat to have longer cruises and cruises to Bermuda, but I think its because Baltimore double booked its ports and Carnival had to adjust temporarily. They may return to the Sunday - sunday schedule once it levels out. If you expand your horizon a little, you still got NCL, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity within close driving distance to you.

Thank you both for your input. I would love to do RCI as that cruise terminal is very close to us also. Actually easier to get to than Manhattan. But we are Platinum/VIPF all those fancy things on CCL and with the past cruiser and military discounts, it's so much cheaper for us to sail on CCL. Unless we win the lottery/powerball, CCL is our "only option" right now! :rolleyes:

I haven't been on the Splendor, but I thought the cover was over the adult pool, not the main pool? That was always one of my beefs with Glory doing the Canadian cruises because on the nights where it was sleeting, the kids couldn't swim. I know they're two different classes of ship, but this just came up in a different thread.

I haven't been on the Splendor, but I thought the cover was over the adult pool, not the main pool? That was always one of my beefs with Glory doing the Canadian cruises because on the nights where it was sleeting, the kids couldn't swim. I know they're two different classes of ship, but this just came up in a different thread.

The retractable cover on the Splendor is over the MAIN pool by the Seaside Theater. Last January when I was on it, it was closed for most of the cruise.

Just did Carnival Splendor to Bermuda this July 3rd, had a hurricane to thank for that port of call change, it was an assume trip even though it was only 8 hours in Bermuda.

The problem with Bermuda is Royal and NCL have the docks that can take larger ships most of the year.

I'm on the pride the end of this month, the trip to Baltimore while longer than my subway ride to Pier 90 Manhattan is still worth it for a no-fly cruise that is going SOUTH in September. Done enough of Canada for now.

FWIW

The retractable cover on the Splendor is over the MAIN pool by the Seaside Theater. Last January when I was on it, it was closed for most of the cruise.

yes, the roof is over the Liner pool which is the main pool mid ship. The adult pool is all the way aft, where the deli and Tandoor grill are.