Please help. I think I messed up with my Drivers License

valandemmy

Hello Charles,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Unacceptable Forms of Documentation

Copies of any of the WHTI-Compliant documents

Driver's License as the only proof

A temporary driver’s license

Voter's Registration Card

Baptismal Papers

U.S. Military I.D and a Photo I.D

A Dependent Military I.D that is issued to the spouse and children of Military Personnel is not acceptable

U.S. Military Discharge Papers

· No Record of Birth certificate: a certificate issued by the Department of Health and Vital Statistics showing that they have no records on this person

Hospital Certificate: hospital-Issued birth notice / live record of birth / announcement of birth from a hospital

Photo Identification

A non-expired Government-Issued Photo I.D is required of all guests 16 years of age and older. The following are acceptable:

Drivers License

Drivers Permit

School/Student I.D (acceptable for guests 16/17/18 years of age)

Government-Issued identification card (city/state/federal

With respect to the person that sent that, many if not most temporary licenses do not have a picture on them and given that a person on this thread had success boarding with a license similar to what you have. That being said we can only hope that your permanent license arrives in time, otherwise we're back to what choice do you have but to show up with what you have. In either case please let us know how it turned out.

Sparks1093, I see that you are a Lion. What is the name of your Lions club and where is it? My husband is secretary of the New Freedom Lions club, New Freedom, PA and I am treasurer of the New Freedom Lioness club

I am a member of the Enosburg Falls Lions Club:). Good to see another member on the board!

Just go and get the darn thing laminated yourself.

^^^No. I wouldn't do this.^^^

Like others have stated, call Carnival to get your answer, but I would think that since the paper license you were issued is a state issued document, than you would be fine. But call Carnival if you have not done so to get an official answer.

But whatever you do, PLEASE do not alter a state issued document, I would think that would be like bringing a copy of your birth certificate instead of a CERTIFIED copy.

I would think that would be like bringing a copy of your birth certificate instead of a CERTIFIED copy.

Except that a copy of your birth certificate is allowed, of course;) (there is no requirement in the regulations for a certified copy).

Edited by sparks1093

Except that a copy of your birth certificate is allowed, of course;) (there is no requirement in the regulations for a certified copy).

I meant a regular copy from my copying machine. Will they accept a regular copy? Is that allowable? I always thought that they only accepted a certified copy with the watermark and the state seal.

I meant a regular copy from my copying machine. Will they accept a regular copy? Is that allowable? I always thought that they only accepted a certified copy with the watermark and the state seal.

Yes, they will accept a regular photocopy (although the original is still the best document to bring). The regulations say that a traveler may present an "original or copy" of their birth certificate and CCL's FAQ says that a legible photocopy is acceptable.

Yes, they will accept a regular photocopy (although the original is still the best document to bring). The regulations say that a traveler may present an "original or copy" of their birth certificate and CCL's FAQ says that a legible photocopy is acceptable.

Oh Ok. :)

I know that the the OP does not want to hear this, since they want their original question answered, but I always play it safe in any of life's situations and for cruising/traveling, I take the guess out of the guessing game and travel with a passport.

But thanks for that info sparks1093! :)

OP, I hope it all works out for you and you will soon be sitting on Lido with a DOD and laughing about all of this in a few days. :D

Hello Charles,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Unacceptable Forms of Documentation

Copies of any of the WHTI-Compliant documents

Driver's License as the only proof

A temporary driver’s license

Voter's Registration Card

Baptismal Papers

U.S. Military I.D and a Photo I.D

A Dependent Military I.D that is issued to the spouse and children of Military Personnel is not acceptable

U.S. Military Discharge Papers

· No Record of Birth certificate: a certificate issued by the Department of Health and Vital Statistics showing that they have no records on this person

Hospital Certificate: hospital-Issued birth notice / live record of birth / announcement of birth from a hospital

Photo Identification

A non-expired Government-Issued Photo I.D is required of all guests 16 years of age and older. The following are acceptable:

Drivers License

Drivers Permit

School/Student I.D (acceptable for guests 16/17/18 years of age)

Government-Issued identification card (city/state/federal

And they wonder why people get confused. :rolleyes:

And they wonder why people get confused. :rolleyes:

I just re-looked at the list (now that the caffiene has taken affect) and noticed military ID's and dependent ID's are not acceptable? Huh? Why the heck not? They take a school ID but not a military ID? A miliatry ID is a government issued identification card (and when coupled with military orders may be used in lieu of a passport for international air travel).

Edited by sparks1093

OK... So here is the story . . .

We moved into a new state a couple of months back. Although, you are supposed to get a new DL within 30 days I procrastinated and went today to get them for me and my wife.

At DMV...fill out forms, get new picture taken... get handed a PAPER DRIVERS LICENSE....Then get told it will be 20 business days until the new card arrives. I leave in less than that. I asked about cancelling the new DL and they kinda just laughed about it and said everything would be fine.

Does anyone know if these paper drivers license will work to get on board. The DMV said they would work for any cruise, flight, etc. but I am a little scared to bet my vacation on it. The Paper DL has my picture, a watermark, and bar scan code on the back...

Nevermind

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

With the new enhanced licenses (at least in VT) when you get the paper one they take your old one. I even asked about this and they said that once you apply for the enhanced and they issue the temp paper one they have to take the old one. I'm thinking he doesn't have the old one.