Birthday Cake

Artemus

My wife's birthday is on the first night of our upcoming cruise on the Carnival Pride. If I order the birthday cake online from Carnival, is it served in the dining room at dinner or will it be delivered to the room? Thanks in advance.

My wife's birthday is also embarkation day on our upcoming cruise.

When you order you can choose to have it waiting in the room when you arrive or have it delivered to the dining room. Since this is a surprise cruise I opted for the "Wow!" factor of having the cake waiting for us.

One thing about having a birthday cake delivered to the table after dinner. When we did that with my husband, they took our dessert orders and didn't bring the cake until after we had eaten dessert! I thought they had forgotten it and didn't have the opportunity to talk to a waiter about it. Needless to say that took the fun out of it.

you choose to have the cake delivered to your table, I would recommend that you mention this fact to the Maitre d' when you enter the dining room that evening. First night dinners can be chaotic, so a bit of a reminder would not be out of order.

Even better, if possible, might be trying to remind whomever is dealing with dining room issues/questions prior to sailing on that afternoon of embarkation.

Edited by rkacruiser

Our first cruise began on my husband's birthday. I did not know anything about being able to order ahead. Stopped by the dining room and talked with the one at door and requested two cakes (there were two tables of us cruising together). Was so surprised the cakes were DELICIOUS and very reasonably prices. I ordered the one with strawberry filling. It was brought when we finished our meal that same night.

We ordered one for the dining room for my daughter's birthday. It was noted on our reservation that we'd be celebrating her birthday on board, and on our first night in the MDR our head waitress asked us which night we'd be celebrating. The night before we were celebrating she asked us about it again, and then the night of she brought the cake out with candles and sang. They did a fantastic job, and the cake was so delicious.

I ordered the vanilla cake for my son's birthday and had it delivered to the MDR. It happened to fall on a night where the waiters were already dancing and our waiters made an extra big deal about my son during that, then they brought his cake, lit candles, and sang to him. He loved it. I was surprised at how good the cake was and it was a very reasonable price. I ordered the large one for $14 and it was more than enough for our entire party of 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums