When does the pool open on Embarkation Day (Carnival Sunshine)

mikem1977

When we were on the Fascination in July the lido pool did not fill up/open till around 630 pm, well after we had set sail. The hot tubs and waterworks were open though?

Does anyone know if it will be the same when we go on the sunshine in December. I would like to board, let the kids eat lunch and then they can head off to waterworks, pool and sports square while me and the wife go to the serenity pool.

I would like to know this to. We sail in 2 days, can't wait! We were able to get the fttf pass and were planning on dropping our stuff off and heading to the pool for our daughter before it got to crowded.

We did disney last year and the pool was open when we boarded at noon. Had the whole pool to ourselves for abt 45 min (guessing everyone headed to eat). Never thought the pool might be closed when we board on friday.

The pools on the ship are open as soon as you board. There are usually more than one pool on the ship. Sometimes due to maintenance issues a pool may be closed until the work is done.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by Eng23

Mikem1977- just be prepared that even in Florida in December, it might be a tad chilly for the kidlets to play in the pools/waterworks... once you move south it will warm up considerably.

I know when I lived in Florida I did lots of Christmas shopping in shorts & flip flops, and almost as many in jeans and a jacket!