Wythaller

Wythaller

We are booked on the Sea Princess to sail from Brisbane to NZ and back in early December. I have read that the ship has been struggling with a loss of propulsion for quite a while. We are in the process of booking our own excursions but obviously don't want to commit ourselves if there are going to be missed ports. I also read that the problems were going to be corrected in Singapore between cruises but it hasn't happened yet. It seems like Princess maybe trying to get the ship to limp through until the refit next year. Does anyone know anything more please?

We are booked on the Sea Princess to sail from Brisbane to NZ and back in early December. I have read that the ship has been struggling with a loss of propulsion for quite a while. We are in the process of booking our own excursions but obviously don't want to commit ourselves if there are going to be missed ports. I also read that the problems were going to be corrected in Singapore between cruises but it hasn't happened yet. It seems like Princess maybe trying to get the ship to limp through until the refit next year. Does anyone know anything more please?

on the Australian/NZ board there's a big thread about the Sea Princess

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2074909

You don't pay for the excurions until you are onboard, if you don't commit you will miss out anyway. :confused:

Seems that I would be more concerned about committing to the cruise in general with all the issues.