3 Wheel Rollator with Seat

cooncat_mom

We're getting ready to sail the Explorer next month, and Bermuda is definitely a walking place. Unfortunately, my uninvited friend Arthur Itis is now my constant companion and has taken up residence in both hips. I can do short distances, but long walks, not so much. I'm looking into a rollator to take with us. I happened to come across one called the Flight 2 Rollator, which is the first 3 wheel one I've seen with a seat. It looks smaller and lighter than a 4 wheel one and I was wondering if anyone had experience with it? My balance is pretty much fine, I just need something to lean on a little (shopping carts work well!), and thought this might be easier to handle and travel with. Any opinions? Thanks!

images.jpg.66eca1ae96f0861ff40839909235c94d.jpg

Before purchasing any type of mobility equipment it's recommended that you consult with your doctor and have a complete gait assessment done by a Physical Therapist. Purchasing mobility equipment without having consulted your doctor, without having a gait assessment done and not having it properly fitted by a Physical Therapist can cause additional harm to one's body and medical condition.

Being that you stated that " just need something to lean on a little" a 3 wheel seated rollator will NOT give the stability needed as the single front wheel can lift up because all the weight the back is resting on the back 2 wheels causing you to fall. For this reason it's doubtful that a PT would recommend a 3 wheel rollator.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Thank you for your quick reply. I was wondering about the stability so appreciate that observation. I also appreciate and am quite aware of the need to have both doctor and PT on board. My educating myself in the options available helps me to become more of a partner in my health care. Will continue the search...:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Edited by cooncat_mom