AT&T in San Juan and St. Thomas

eli1965

We've had no problem with AT&T this past November nor in July 2009.

It will also work in St John and St Croix.

Know that there are some areas that don't get coverage. But what you do is is included in your plan.

Be careful, I was in St. Thomas and I was charged $80 for data. I had my international roaming off and it was off in my other ports(Turks and Caicos&St.Martin) and when I got home I asked what gives? I was told by the ATT service person that although the US Virgin Islands are covered under your plan, St. Thomas is not. I said but my data came on in St. Thomas and in Puerto Rico, and not in the other 2 ports. They said we can backdate and cheap plan for you but you still have to pay. It saved me $50

Since when does Sprint have data?

Um, since they upgraded almost all of their towers to 4g. You might want to check out the website s4gru, I'm sure you will be quite surprised. Particularly check out the 4g coverage in all of Florida over all carriers, you will be VERY surprised for that one! I like keeping up with whats going on and the various tower upgrades as I occasionally travel and have ATT for personal and Sprint for work. All I am saying is Sprints spark network of towers is really making a push. When in Tampa and the Miami area recently the data speeds of Sprint were, I won't say "blew away", but were faster and more consistent than ATT's. More selfies for me to take and upload faster to the world! But seriously, I would keep up with the times and check out the new coverage services different carries offer. Wouldn't want to see you without fast data speeds!

Be careful, I was in St. Thomas and I was charged $80 for data. I had my international roaming off and it was off in my other ports(Turks and Caicos&St.Martin) and when I got home I asked what gives? I was told by the ATT service person that although the US Virgin Islands are covered under your plan, St. Thomas is not. I said but my data came on in St. Thomas and in Puerto Rico, and not in the other 2 ports. They said we can backdate and cheap plan for you but you still have to pay. It saved me $50

Posted to here and FB from St Thomas in January no charges. Also checked email, etc. Maybe because I have unlimited data? No idea but I have never gotten charged extra. Ever.

Edited by firemanbobswife

OK, thanks. I had never heard him called that. Yep, I suspect he's hard plastic - that's what he looks like.

Actually, my daughter-in-law came up with "Mr.Chizel" nickname for him when we all sailed the Pride a couple of years ago...silly stuff...but we all were quite impressed with Mr. Chizel

Actually, my daughter-in-law came up with "Mr.Chizel" nickname for him when we all sailed the Pride a couple of years ago...silly stuff...but we all were quite impressed with Mr. Chizel

Ah, I see -- inside, family joke. Which explains why I was on the outside.:p

Um, since they upgraded almost all of their towers to 4g. You might want to check out the website s4gru, I'm sure you will be quite surprised. Particularly check out the 4g coverage in all of Florida over all carriers, you will be VERY surprised for that one! I like keeping up with whats going on and the various tower upgrades as I occasionally travel and have ATT for personal and Sprint for work. All I am saying is Sprints spark network of towers is really making a push. When in Tampa and the Miami area recently the data speeds of Sprint were, I won't say "blew away", but were faster and more consistent than ATT's. More selfies for me to take and upload faster to the world! But seriously, I would keep up with the times and check out the new coverage services different carries offer. Wouldn't want to see you without fast data speeds!

It looks like you didn't catch the joke, Keith. Although you say you comment on other boards, such as the ESPN, it doesn't look like you're big on Engadget or Droid-Life.

It looks like you didn't catch the joke, Keith. Although you say you comment on other boards, such as the ESPN, it doesn't look like you're big on Engadget or Droid-Life.

LOL, it was caught, but that joke is old and for the uninformed. Sprint has changed their ways, FINALLY.

Big Hug,

Me :D

Almost forgot, I have new lingo to add to your signature for the spelling corrections. Can you add something about when referring to the USVI it is St John and not St Johns? They are a few hundred miles away from each other and it could greatly help some :D

Edited by just4steven

And Jason, not to get off the San Juan subject, but what is working best now a days in your area? Is it ATT still? I will be down there in 5 weeks and it will help me on which phone I leave at home :D

Almost forgot, I have new lingo to add to your signature for the spelling corrections. Can you add something about when referring to the USVI it is St John and not St Johns? They are a few hundred miles away from each other and it could greatly help some :D

:D

And Jason, not to get off the San Juan subject, but what is working best now a days in your area? Is it ATT still? I will be down there in 5 weeks and it will help me on which phone I leave at home :D

Verizon has a stronger call quality here, but AT&T has faster data speeds.

Just remember to put your phone back into airplane mode before you cruise away from San Juan or St Thomas otherwise, WOW!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WOW? I don't put my iPhone in airplane mode onboard or off...and don't experience any WOW!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app