FTTF just opened up for fantasy... Should I?

blondie151o

I understand what you're saying. I live in charleston & will be getting dropped off. I purchased it basically to be able to drop my carry off and have my room available as soon as I board. And also be able to go thru the lines with the people we are sailing with. (They have grand suite). It may not be worth it but I will see after !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm originally from Charleston. Born and raised on Johns Island. :). Enjoy your cruise!

We had FTTF on our Conquest cruise and it was totally worth from the check in process to debarkation. For Charleston though I don't know about it unless you'll be going to a tender port. I've been to that port two times and for check in I don't see how it would be useful. But with that being said we are going on the Fantasy next August and I will be purchasing it only because Half Moon Cay is on the itinerary. The less waiting to get to that island the better! :D

We had FTTF on our Conquest cruise and it was totally worth from the check in process to debarkation. For Charleston though I don't know about it unless you'll be going to a tender port. I've been to that port two times and for check in I don't see how it would be useful. But with that being said we are going on the Fantasy next August and I will be purchasing it only because Half Moon Cay is on the itinerary. The less waiting to get to that island the better! :D

Yes on tender ports I would def do it! We will see if it was worth my money after the cruise. 50$ isn't much to try it atleast once and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Totally agree. $50.00 so you can get things that are free for Carnival to offer and have no monetary value or extra work.

You keep stating that. Curious... what is your opinion on the similar passes at the different amusement parks? For example, @ Universal Studios:

SKIP THE REGULAR LINES WITH A UNIVERSAL EXPRESS PASS!

Maximize your fun and get through the line faster on your favorite

participating rides and attractions in both theme parks. Experience an

entire universe of excitement and have more time to see and do it all.

You can use this Express Pass ONE TIME PER RIDE ONLY at

participating rides and attractions each day that your pass is valid.

Separate theme park admission is required.

etc.....

These also cost nothing to produce. And again, 100% optional.

Would you be tempted to give them additional money for something that doesn't cost them a thing, just to be able to squeeze some additional fun out of your day(s)? Just curious... not trolling, just trying to understand (my) opposite mindset. :)

Edited by Smart Arsenal Fan

Not everyone here thinks its a good idea. Some are vehement about it being a ripoff. There are people who don't realize that there are others out here who need it for many reasons. For some of us maybe we need to lie down or have the privacy of their cabin for medical reasons. So for those who think its a total ripoff, please don't be so fast to jump to conclusions.

We are traveling in Jan 2015, this is my 7th cruise and first time using this option. We have a total of 11 people going, including 4 children aging from 2-9. One room of our group is a suite in which they get the priority boarding; however that is it, no other benefits. Our cruise has two tender ports, in which you get priority on those tender ports. We decided to give it a try including the suite room just for the fact of having that priority on the tendering, especially with the kids. It is all up to you, in the grand scheme of everything, is the $50 worth it to you? If it is, then do it!!

On the other side of the argument, we usually arrive early and are on the ship pretty quickly. On my last two cruises it just so happened that we were on early and our luggage was in our room already. However, the other two cabins that were with us, did not receive their luggage until well into the night.

I am in the "yes" category, just for the simple fact of, if you need to go see Guest Services when you first board, you won't have to wait through hours of people trying to change cabins or hoping to score a free upgrade.

We cruised in May on the Fantasy and it seemed like everyone was asking "Is there any other rooms available"? Or, I hate our room, is there any other room free?" Or Lord for bid, "I have cruised a few times, I can't understand why we booked 2 single beds, I have to sleep with my husband, are you sure a suite isn't available for a free upgrade?" (Yes, I see a lady in her mid-60s, literally demanding to be upgraded to a suite because they didn't know what they booked or were just hoping to get it for free)...

When we arrived, everyone says the lines are bad. I am sorry but having kids and a bad back, yes, when I see a line of several hundred people trying to get their S&S cards, I was glad to be shuffled to the front. Everyone in Charleston seems to board as soon as you get your cards, pictures taken and then straight onto the ship. So, that wasn't an issue.

Our luggage was slow, so that may not be a reason to get it. It seemed others were being dropped off before ours. We even had a bag show up but the tag was so worn and faded that you could hardly read it. We knew it wasn't ours and alerted the staff immediately.

Our cabin was almost ready but our room helper had no issues coming in and out while we were in the cabin. It was actually nice to meet him during this time and he learned our kids very quickly. He knew if there was a problem with them, to come see us and that we would handle it.

Anyways, we are not big people on jumping into the "fun on board." We literally were asleep by 9pm that night because we were exhausted parents. So, to have everything set by dinner. Our clothing put away and everyone ready for bed after dinner. It was so nice.. Plus, at the end of the cruise, we were placed in the library to wait for disembarking, which was out of the way. Yes, way less seating (so get there early) but we learned, we were bunched up in the lounges and being pushed to leave..