FTTF just opened up for fantasy... Should I?

blondie151o

Opinions please.

Faster to the fun just opened up for oct 16 sailing on fantasy. Is it worth it?

The only reason I want to is bc the people we are riding with has a grand suite & they get priority boarding I beleive & their room is available when they board. I don't want to wait in line while they go thru the boarding process.

Advice? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Grand Suite will not be available upon embarkation unless your traveling companions are Platinum or Diamond, or they purchased FTTF themselves. The only 'suite perk' Carnival offers is priority embark and debark.

So they don't get to bypass the lines having a grand suite on embark ? And I thought they said their room is avail already when they board. Is this wrong ? I thought that's included with the suites. Thanks for the info.

IMHO, FTTF is the dumbest ripoff, but some people think that it's the best invention since the wheel. :rolleyes: Just time your arrival at the port so that your cabins are ready when you board. That's what we've always done.

Your suite friends will have priority embarkation but that's about it. No FTTF perks unless they are platinum or higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Yes ;)

Great! This give me some hope for my sailing. At first I was against the FTTF & thought it was a waste of $$. But now, we have a large group and I want to give out gifts. It would be great to be able to assemble all of that stuff when we first board.

So they don't get to bypass the lines having a grand suite on embark ? And I thought they said their room is avail already when they board. Is this wrong ? I thought that's included with the suites. Thanks for the info.

They have priority boarding but not early cabin access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do get to bypass the lines to check in, and then get to board after wedding parties, and Platinum and Diamond. But they do not get immediate access to their suite. They would need to be Platinum or up or have FTTF for that.

It says 13 tickets left for this. It's been sold out up until today. I think I will do this - only bc I want to go straight to my room & drop off Carrry on luggage & then enjoy my cruise :)

If paying 50.00 for dropping your carry on off in your cabin is worth it, then yes, you should get it. You mentioned about having your luggage there also. That may or may not be the case. Your luggage is given priority, but that does not mean it will be there when you board. It could be, but many have reported it did not arrive until later.

Ok. Thank you guys for the info. I just went ahead and purchased it. We will see if it's worth it after the cruise !

I 100% believe in doing it. We've done it twice now and were on board, unpacked with drink in hand both times by noon. I'm doing it again for my next cruise in December. You'll always have naysayers, but I say try it for yourself once and see if you find it worth it personally. :) Good luck! Enjoy your cruise.

IMHO, FTTF is the dumbest ripoff, but some people think that it's the best invention since the wheel. :rolleyes: Just time your arrival at the port so that your cabins are ready when you board. That's what we've always done.

Your suite friends will have priority embarkation but that's about it. No FTTF perks unless they are platinum or higher.

Totally agree. $50.00 so you can get things that are free for Carnival to offer and have no monetary value or extra work.

I 100% believe in doing it. We've done it twice now and were on board, unpacked with drink in hand both times by noon. I'm doing it again for my next cruise in December. You'll always have naysayers, but I say try it for yourself once and see if you find it worth it personally. :) Good luck! Enjoy your cruise.

So was your luggage already in your room?

Edited by blondie151o

I We've done it twice now and were on board, unpacked with drink in hand both times by noon.

We are usually in our cabin and with a drink in hand by 1pm without FTTF. Sounds like an expensive extra hour. :confused:

I used to agree about it being dumb. However, now I see how it could make life a little simpler. Especially those who live in cities with limited flight arrival times in FLL/MIA. Or those who are getting married during the cruise (priority boarding is only for embarkation day weddings) and carrying a huge wedding dress.

For the masses, it's probably a waste of money, but there are some instances where it makes sense.

One thing to consider. The port of Charleston is a little more challenging to debark then some of the other ports. If you are driving you have to park in a warehouse, wait for a shuttle to drive you to the terminal, and then check in. Because of this the amount of people in the terminal at one time is very small so there usually isn't that much of a line. When I cruised the Fantasy last year my wife and I were dropped off. We immediately got into a shuttle, went through security, got our Sail and Signs and boarded in under 20 minutes. I have never been from Car to Ship that quickly. $50 may not be worth FTTF because of Charleston's set up.

One thing to consider. The port of Charleston is a little more challenging to debark then some of the other ports. If you are driving you have to park in a warehouse, wait for a shuttle to drive you to the terminal, and then check in. Because of this the amount of people in the terminal at one time is very small so there usually isn't that much of a line. When I cruised the Fantasy last year my wife and I were dropped off. We immediately got into a shuttle, went through security, got our Sail and Signs and boarded in under 20 minutes. I have never been from Car to Ship that quickly. $50 may not be worth FTTF because of Charleston's set up.

I understand what you're saying. I live in charleston & will be getting dropped off. I purchased it basically to be able to drop my carry off and have my room available as soon as I board. And also be able to go thru the lines with the people we are sailing with. (They have grand suite). It may not be worth it but I will see after !

We are trying it for the first time this coming February.

We typically cruise with a group and one of the couples is Platinum so we generally just get there early enough to be Zone 1 and then drop our stuff in their room. They're not going this time around and we also have a tender port so we feel like the value is there.

Guess we will know for sure after.

Some folks are going to beat the "it's so dumb" horse to death. It is what YOU need it to be. I need to not have to worry if 9 million folks are going to arrive in port at once. I need to be able to park , grab bags, drop them off and head off to board. Not standing, waiting forever and letting hubby's bad back have a break are important to me. So yes it's worth that fifty whole bucks to me! I have had great experiences with it..had my bags within the hour of boarding and was taking a rest while everyone else was trying to board. Plus walking down to put some cash on my account the line snaked around and around at guest services..I walked up to the dedicated window and was in and out of there! Worth my money to save my time ;)

In my opinion absolutely not. I just finished a Fantasy B2B and had F2F. It makes no difference for the biggest part of the problem, which is waiting in the tent/in line for the shuttle bus and going the .000001 mile to the terminal (the whole thing is insane). Just get their early and you'll be absolutely fine. Once inside the terminal things move very professionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk