Ryndam-Chichen Itza

NDGma

We are on the Ryndam for the Panama Canal Transit-Jan 6, 2006. I am interested in knowing if the Chichen Itza excursion is doable on the stop at Cozumel. I didn't get a reply from HAL when I emailed the question. It seems that there might not be enough time. Has anyone done this excursion on this stop? Thanks.:)

If you go to the excursion booking section on HAL website and put in your booking #, etc. it should come up with the excursions that are available for your particular cruise. If it's on there, you can only assume that there will be ample time for the excursion. If you book through the ship they won't leave without you. :D Have a wonderful time.

I would not make arrangements to fly to Chichen Itza on your own. Once you get there you still have to take a taxi from the airport to the sight. After touring there, then you have to take a taxi back to the airport and fly back to Cozumel. Very risky. If anything goes wrong and you miss the flight back, the ship will not wait for you. And you will be on your own.

We did not take the trip from cruise ship but did go to the park while we were in Mexicol. It was well worth the time. Our bus had tables for 4 and served refreshments on the way. The pyramid was spectacular. My grandson ran to the top and came down more slowly. One woman in our group couldn't come down and had to be helped down by the guide. It is a sttep descent.

Georgia

Archived