Rebel with FTTF

stnic_ca

I just dont understand what the big rush is.

The heck with FTTF already

Isn't suppose to be a relaxing vacation?

Yes. And the faster I can get to the ship/unpacked/and take care of any business I have at GS without standing in line, the faster I can get back to my relaxing vacation.

Yes. And the faster I can get to the ship/unpacked/and take care of any business I have at GS without standing in line, the faster I can get back to my relaxing vacation.[/quote

if you plan on using GS 10-20x a day, then its worth it.

Otherwise I dont see it being any advantage

Yes. And the faster I can get to the ship/unpacked/and take care of any business I have at GS without standing in line, the faster I can get back to my relaxing vacation.

EXACTLY!

On our first cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale, I couldn't believe how much time we spent waiting in line, waiting to board, waiting for luggage, waiting to disembark......

Now I'll say, "Here's 50 bucks for the time I'd otherwise be wasting in line, instead of enjoying this Miami Vice, going for a swim, eating lunch, taking a nap, and STILL watching people board the ship." LOL

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Edited by stnic_ca

NOT even worth $50 IMO

Did it once and wont ever again

I just dont understand what the big rush is.

The heck with FTTF already

Isn't suppose to be a relaxing vacation?

That's what so great: it's an option -- buy it/don't buy it, whatever makes you happy! To each his own! :D

That's what so great: it's an option -- buy it/don't buy it, whatever makes you happy! To each his own! :D

Right. And we tender in two ports this time. I couldn't even imagine waiting for a couple thousand people to board a tender, when it took us 45 mins to board FROM THE DOCK in Grand Turk.

As other have said, until I become platinum I will buy FTTF every time! Now I book it as soon as I book the cruise. I travel solo and appreciate the opportunity to drop off my bags instead of trying to juggle them and my lunch tray. And we won't even get into the plantar faciitis! :D

I have never encountered a negative attitute about it other than in these boards. Some Diamond/platinum people thought it gave people the right to pass THEM up, it doesn't. And they benefit from it as well, before FTTF I heard there was no early entry into the cabins.

LOL.....is that a Plantars Wart? LOL

We are equal opportunity cruisers. We like NCL, CCL and did our first RCI this past Feb. We'll cruise wherever the ports and ships are that we are interested in. We don't really care what level we are. On CCL we'll buy FTTF on NCL we book suites and I have to say on our RCI cruise we literally walked into the port and onto the ship.

Right. I'm only cruising Carnival because I've cruised with them before, and we're taking my five y.o. Plus it's affordable to us, and other family members who are going. I can't wait to see what else is out there.

Yes. And the faster I can get to the ship/unpacked/and take care of any business I have at GS without standing in line, the faster I can get back to my relaxing vacation.[/quote

We get that you don't like FTTF. Every time it gets brought up, it's the same old thing. You will never change anyone's mind against it just like we will never convince you otherwise.

I never PLAN to use GS but the times when we had to due to incorrect charges on our account, the line every time we went was backed up all the way to the theatre. So right then and there it was worth it. I have better things to do than keep coming back at a different time to see if the line went down. I plan to go to GS zero times. But it doesn't always work like that. So guess what? I will be getting FTTF EVERY TIME!

Don't like it? Too bad, so sad. Don't buy it. I will decide where to spend my money and I could care less what anyone else thinks.

exactly.. the 50 looks better in my pocket then CCL

they get enough of my money

Well, you're a very care free guy. TIME is MONEY, however. But to each his own.

We feel it's worth it considering our past experience, as well as the early disembarkation features, not only at port, but our early flight out of FLL from POM.

If I have to us GS just once or twice (as I usually do) it will be worth it to me. My time is worth that $.;)

But it's really worth the $50 to me to be able to go to my cabin immediately upon boarding and start unpacking and settling in. And then be sitting on Lido deck with my first DOD while hordes of people are still boarding. Also, the expedited luggage is a big factor for me. I pack a lot and the sooner I can unpack it, the sooner my vacation actually begins.

Overall, I see it as getting more relaxation and having-fun time, while reducing stress and unpleasantness in my vacation all for the very affordable price of $50.

As others have said, it's nice to have the option. For anyone who doesn't think it's worth it, the solution is beyond simple: just don't buy it. For those of us that do, we'll buy it. And everyone is happy.:)

Edited by ShakyBeef
extra quote

We feel it's worth it considering our past experience, as well as the early disembarkation features, not only at port, but our early flight out of FLL from POM.

Funny, I had written that in my post, then changed it to "My time is worth that $." But that's what I meant, too.:)

Where is the "LIKE" button for this conversation?!?!:D

I was looking for that same button:thumbup:, and I thank all those who have contributed opinions and laughter, and provoked thought. Now I'm sitting here counting down the months until my cruise.:cool:

LOL.....is that a Plantars Wart? LOL

Actually, the OP has a painful heel condition, so not a wart (That would be easily remedied): http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/plantar-fasciitis/basics/definition/con-20025664

I can see someone really benefiting from FTTF if they have to be able to sit down, or be in some terrible pain after standing in long lines!

Google is your freind :p

Actually, the OP has a painful heel condition, so not a wart (That would be easily remedied): http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/plantar-fasciitis/basics/definition/con-20025664

I can see someone really benefiting from FTTF if they have to be able to sit down, or be in some terrible pain after standing in long lines!

Google is your freind :p

:(Sorry. I guess I'm really unfamiliar with that. I related it to my own experience getting a Plantars Wart after staying in a hotel in Phoenix. Came back home in excruciating pain. Had to get it dug out by a Podiatrist. :eek:

Your condition sounds much less gross.:D

I'm platinum and I'll stand up for any FTTF guest who's being harassed by another passenger. People need to get with the program. :)

We just got off the Imagination and didn't have a confrontation with the FTTF people but did with Carnival personnel. The person giving orders seemed to think that Platinum passengers had no clout, only the FTTF people. We were told to go to the back of the line which was 2 flights of lines. I stepped aside and waited for another employee to show up. I told him what the guy standing next to him told me and I just took it as an employee who didn't know the rules of the game. I was told to stand right where I was and DH and I did. I kinda had a smirk on my face whenever the misguided employee looked at me. :D

care free? Im on vacation and I dont race around to beat people to the front.

Plus, you do not need FTTF for early debark. You simply let CCL know you have to be off with the first group.

Keep giving CCL the 50. They love you for it

care free? Im on vacation and I dont race around to beat people to the front.

Plus, you do not need FTTF for early debark. You simply let CCL know you have to be off with the first group.

Keep giving CCL the 50. They love you for it

Who's racing? I'll be strolling to my suite, unpacking, then strolling to lido deck for a DOD. And if I need to go to guest services, I'll stroll right up to the counter via the VIP line (the "line" at which is usually nonexistent). Then I'll stroll past the long line and right onto the first tender headed for beautiful HMC. No racing for me. I'm on vacation too.:D And I intend to make mine as stress-free as possible. One of the ways I'm doing that is by purchasing FTTF.;)

I'm noticing you're sounding a little resentful of FTTF. I'm sensing hostility. Would you mind explaining what bothers you about FTTF, or about those of us that choose to buy and use it?:confused:

Edited by ShakyBeef