Almond Milk?

debbs0723

Where will you store it? The fridges in the cabins are not really cool enough to keep this safe. It will barely keep cans of soda cool.

If the OP brings the individual 8oz. cartons, she will likely use up an entire carton each day for her cereal and coffee (assuming that's how she uses it.) Hence, no real waste to worry about.

Thanks everyone. It is a bummer but I'll live. My body just doesn't like milk. I can have cheeses and some other dairy but not milk. I will live without my almond milk for a week.

Debbie

I bought a six pack of 32 oz cartons of non refrigerated Almond milk which needs to be refrigerated after opening. If I wanted it I would not hesitate to double wrap a carton in zip lock bags and slip it into my checked bag or carry on. Most likely no one will say a word and if they do the worst that can happen is they will take the carton. If you enjoy Almond milk, bring it. This is your vacation to enjoy.

I spotted that last week. Unfortunately I believe it is sweetened ( i drink Trader Joes Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk) but for me it is better than nothing when I am in a pinch. I preplan my coffee runs and always make sure I bring a tupperware container of almond milk along.

For anyone in the Northeast, Dunkin Donuts has just announced that they have almond milk for their coffee!

They won't take it but they may send you to the naughty room and not believe you when you say the only liquid in the bag is individual chocolate soy milk containers...

Not that that happened to us on our Allure cruise... :D

But it was worth it to see the naughty room and what some people were trying to bring on board lol! Also, they waved us on once they realized it was just soy milk. Though my daughter may not have forgiven me yet since it was her bag I had stuck them in when we got to port :p

Edited by ShillyShally

They won't take it but they may send you to the naughty room and not believe you when you say the only liquid in the bag is individual chocolate soy milk containers...

Not that that happened to us on our Allure cruise... :D

But it was worth it to see the naughty room and what some people were trying to bring on board lol![/size] Also, they waved us on once they realized it was just soy milk. Though my daughter may not have forgiven me yet since it was her bag I had stuck them in when we got to port :p

Sorry to hijack the thread -

Several years ago we went down to security on embarkation day just to take a look.

Apparently no one admits to packing their own suitcase, doesn't know how the item in question got in there and has a 48 oz. mouthwash for a 4 day cruise!

It was better than the comedy show.

M

Almond milk does come in small sizes. Silk has lunch box sized containers (I think 8oz) that I've seen at Publix for $1.29. And I've seen quart sized that should fit in the ship's mini fridge but if not the 8 oz size def will.

silk-milk-coupon.jpg

These cartons are shelf stable so no refrigeration is required. To chill you could put in the ice bucket (with ice and water in it) at bedtime and it would be cold by morning. Many grocery store have them is a 4 pack. It has 90 calories and 15 grams of sugar in 8oz. 2% milk has 12 grams of sugar in 8oz.

Edited by NJcruisenewbie