Group Dining in MDR

CRUISESTARR

Hey guys, i'm a first time cruiser and I was wondering if there is anyway that my family of 13 can sit together or in close proximity to one another in the main dining room? We all made sure to choose the same dining time; but we'd like to sit beside/close to one another. Is it possible? Thank you for your help!:)

DO NOT let them put the 13 of you at one table for 12-- its too tight.

you want to go to the dining room about 1pm and look at your assignment. If it is not to your liking ask the matre de for a change.

Your assignment will be on your sign and sail card

We had early dining on the Glory two years ago with our family - all 13 of us, all adults - and we were all seated seated at one large round table. It worked out wonderfully!!

I assume it was intended to be a table for 12, and as such it was just a wee bit tighter than normal, but I honestly don't mind if my elbow occasionally bumps the elbow of another family member. :D It was great for us all to sit together each night, and those dinners were a real highlight of the trip for us. :)

We had early dining on the Glory two years ago with our family - all 13 of us, all adults - and we were all seated seated at one large round table. It worked out wonderfully!!

I assume it was intended to be a table for 12, and as such it was just a wee bit tighter than normal, but I honestly don't mind if my elbow occasionally bumps the elbow of another family member. :D It was great for us all to sit together each night, and those dinners were a real highlight of the trip for us. :)

Awesome! I feel the same way, i dont mind the closeness at all! We also have chosen early dining on the Conquest. Where you located upstairs or downstairs? I'm looking forward to creating that highlight on our cruise as well:)

DO NOT let them put the 13 of you at one table for 12-- its too tight.

you want to go to the dining room about 1pm and look at your assignment. If it is not to your liking ask the matre de for a change.

Your assignment will be on your sign and sail card

Thank you for your advice! As far as the "tightness" we don't mind at all. The closer the better! Just kidding, kinda, sorta:)

We have 3 in our group below the age of 9. Would this advice still apply? Thank you!

They'll put you at 2 tables, most likely. We had 5 under 9 and they still split us between two tables, but they were right next to each other.

Awesome! I feel the same way, i dont mind the closeness at all! We also have chosen early dining on the Conquest. Where you located upstairs or downstairs? I'm looking forward to creating that highlight on our cruise as well:)

It's not the closeness that's an issue, there isn't enough room for all the tableware when you put too many people at the table, and all those extra chairs can get in the way in the already crowded aisles/walkways.

Edited by irishnyc