What does Royal do for Honeymooners

karkee8807

I am getting married on the 27th and our honeymoon cruise leaves out of Baltimore 10/10 and heading to Bermuda.

We booked a Jr. Suite. This is the first time my fiance is going on a cruise. It took him some talking into for the cruise, but after my parents, friends and family who also cruise told him how wonderful they are, he agreed. And thankfully he is now really looking forward to our trip next month. I'd like to do something special for him since.

When I booked, they asked if I was celebrating anything. I told them this was for our honeymoon. Is there anything that they do special for this? Or would my fiance and I have to buy packages?

Thanks!

I am getting married on the 27th and our honeymoon cruise leaves out of Baltimore 10/10 and heading to Bermuda.

We booked a Jr. Suite. This is the first time my fiance is going on a cruise. It took him some talking into for the cruise, but after my parents, friends and family who also cruise told him how wonderful they are, he agreed. And thankfully he is now really looking forward to our trip next month. I'd like to do something special for him since.

When I booked, they asked if I was celebrating anything. I told them this was for our honeymoon. Is there anything that they do special for this? Or would my fiance and I have to buy packages?

Thanks!

On any cruise from a US port, more than 50% of your fellow passengers claim to be celebrating something; honeymoon, anniversary, or birthday. Unfortunately many of them are being somewhat dishonest. Most of those birthdays and anniversaries are many months away. Many of the alleged honeymooners, when pressed, admit that the wedding was actually as long as one year ago. Technically perhaps, they are still honeymooners, but not quite in the way you will be.

It never hurts to try to get something for nothing when going on a cruise.

The staff on your ship are well aware of this popular practice. You should not be too surprised if they are not overly excited about your honeymoon.

But you should also be aware that there are probably 20 or 30 other couples onboard who, like you, really did get married just before the cruise. As a result, you will not be treated as that one special couple onboard.

But it is important that you let them know that you really are on your honeymoon, and not telling stories in order to get that free drink or special attention.

Take along a few wedding photos to show around.

Ask the Captain to autograph them.

Maybe request a photo with the Captain.

Let the ship's photo staff know about your special occasion.

Purchasing a honeymoon package is a really good idea.

Edited by BruceMuzz

Good point...I didn't think about the other people who would be pretending. That makes it to much for the cruise line to handle. Thankfully, my fiance and I are not big on being the center of attention. We aren't trying to score free a bunch of free things. I just remember in the past seeing staterooms decorated for occasions and wasn't sure if that was still done. It was always Royals items, I'm just note sure if it had to be bought or not.

Thank you for your help

My son and his wife cruised for their honeymoon 2 months after the wedding. They purchased a Honeymooners package which they felt was a decent deal. A big group, a special cocktail party w/ captain and photos.

Lynn

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

My husband and I honeymooned on Liberty of the Seas in March. When we arrived to our stateroom there was a note congratulating us on our wedding. We were invited to a honeymooners only party one night (there were 30 other couples who said they were honeymooners, I would say only 10 couples actually showed at the event) there was free champaign, cake, and chocolate covered strawberries. We had the chance to chat with other newlyweds and they even did a "second first-dance" where we all out on the dance floor with our significant others.

We didn't buy any special package, that's just what was offered. We did let Collin (the best stateroom attendant ever) that it was our honeymoon and he made a swan-heart type of towel animal for us (along with other animals throughout the week).

It was a great time! Neither of us had cruised before and loved it.... So much so that we are taking another cruise over thanksgiving! :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums