Hair dryers - is there a way to hold that button down!?

travelmom12

Leaving on the Summit in 36 hours. I was wondering whether to bring my own hair dryer (and if that is even allowed). I remember the hair dryer from last summer's cruise, with my thumb getting exhausted from trying to hold that button down. I see many bad hair days ahead on this cruise. Does anyone have a solution to that button? What would hold it in position so that the hairdryer functions like the ones we all use at home? Has anyone tried and succeeded with hair bands? Rubber bands? Please let me know.

I take my own travel hairdryer, it folds up, and weighs next to nothing.

To be honest, I can't be bothered faffing around, trying to hold down the button, and if I did find a way to keep it down permanently, I dont think that would help, as when I'm drying my hair, I'm switching it on and off, and dont have it blasting away all the time.

Babyliss do a really good one that available through Amazon with a folding handle, and comes with a travel storage bag.

And then the next occupant of the cabin gets to deal with all the sticky residue from the duct tape, or do you very kindly remove it before you disembark? :)

I remove the duct tape as soon as I am finished each day. I have very short hair so my hair dries quickly, and if there is tape residue left I actually do remove it. It isn't that difficult.

Edited by cheriberi

I've been doing this for many cruises. I just take one of the wide rubber bands that's maybe quarter inch or a little more and I wrap it around the button on the first day. Then I leave it there and I just unplug the hairdryer when I'm done with it. I have found through trial and error that if I move it up and down off the button and it will break before the end of the cruise. I already have extra rubber bands in my travel bag for the next time I cruise, whenever that may be!

I have always found the hairdryer button to be a pain, and now it literally is since aging hands have developed arthritis. I now bring my own travel dryer, small but it does the job.

Edited by dblane