NCL Breakaway March 29, 2015 - A few ???

dcip5416

My Family (Husband, myself, 2 boys who will be 14 and 12) are cruising for the first time on the kids' spring break at the end of March (caveat - i have cruised before (once) a long time ago on Celebrity Century back in Jan '99).

1) will the boys have to split up at the splash academy because of their ages? They are buddies and will probably want to stay together

2) Should we upgrade to the food plan?? Husband and 14 yo love fish (esp sushi). 12 yo lives on Mac n cheese, grilled chicken, lo mien, and pizza - has a very bland palette but does like steak- I'm very simple - a nice salad is all I need

3) How early do I need to 'hit the deck' in the am to get beach chairs?

4) has anyone run into any issues with the other passengers??

5) does the soda plan include bottled water?

6) I'm a coffee snob - does the ship have good coffee?? I'll pay for it every day if I have to...

7) we will be on the 9th deck, interior room - anyone stay here and was it noisy??

8) was snorkeling in the Bahamas worth the $$? Should we buy our own gear or rent it?

9) any other excursions we should know about??

Thank you so much for any input!!! We are looking forward to this vacation - the four of us haven't taken a vacation by ourselves since 2010!! We've gone to Disney multiple times with tons of family members and have rented houses in OBX with 10-15 friends for several years in a row so we need this vacation so badly!! I want to be prepared so we can make the most of this!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by dcip5416

We went on BA this year but the week prior to when you are going. We stayed on the ship at all of the ports since we've been there many times before. As far as food, I wouldn't get the plan. The buffet has a wide offering of stuff for the one kid who likes basic foods. They had one night Asian themed foods and one night the had it geared towards seafood although reports now say there is no more lobster. They also had great skewers with just chicken or just steak - no onions or peppers.

Since we stayed on the ship, we had no problems with lines on slides on port days. As far as Nassau, I'd bring my own snorkel stuff and you can go to a beach and try it on your own if you feel comfortable. Junkanoo beach is right by the pier in Nassau and is free. We missed GSC but you could snorkel there too.