Changing passenger no.s on onboard bookings

villauk

I've booked previously onboard and then transferred my booking to another sailing without losing my 'evergreen' perks. However, we have always kept the same amount of passengers on the transferred booking, just changed sail date, ship or cabin type etc.

Does anyone know if I reserve onboard one cabin for 4 persons for two different sailings/itineraries (e.g. one for May 2015 and one for December 2015) and subsequently the price falls before final payment on the May cruise and we decide to have two separate cabins rather than all 4 being in one, can I use both reservations for the May cruise i.e. transfer the December booking to use in May instead for the second cabin?

Basically, do I need all four passengers to be on the booking in the same cabin to qualify for maintaining my perks :confused:: is it acceptable to use the two onboard reservations together for the same sailing but have two persons in each cabin instead of the original four? I do realise the pricing would be recalculated at the current rates. Additionally, if this is possible, what would happen to the extra deposit money already paid?

Hope you can understand my scenario? Btw, FYI, I book via a US TA so no issues with transferring the bookings ;).

I don't see any problem. You have 2 separate booking #'s, and they are transferable. Changing the number of people in the cabin is not a problem. I would just leave the deposit money alone. According to your scenario, you have $400 deposits on both cruises - since you booked 4 names on each cruise? That will just make the final payment less. :)

Hope I understood what exactly it is that you are trying to do.

Edited by gimletgal

I don't see any problem. You have 2 separate booking #'s, and they are transferable. Changing the number of people in the cabin is not a problem. I would just leave the deposit money alone. According to your scenario, you have $400 deposits on both cruises - since you booked 4 names on each cruise? That will just make the final payment less. :)

Hope I understood what exactly it is that you are trying to do.

Thanks for replying :). I was just concerned that X wouldn't allow us to reduce the amount of passengers on both bookings and still keep our perks.