Vision/Enchantment B2B?

rwisles72

We have a 4 night cruise booked on EOS on 9/29 and I have been watching for price drops on either the 9/26 or 10/3 cruise. Also been watching the 9/25 Vision cruise, and with today's price drop I was looking for advice regarding making the trip from Port Everglades to Port Canaveral. Can probably make the trip in 3-3.5 hours but not sure about how long it takes picking up a car and dropping it off. Has anyone done both ports in the same day? Should i play it safe and look at 7 days on Enchantment or go for some excitement with 8 days on 2 different ships and 2 different ports? Thanks in advance.

Well, the biggest chance is the weather.

It's easy to get to the FLL car rental counter once you are through customs in the cruise terminal. Definitely opt for taking your own luggage off, and getting off first.

Don't wait for a shuttle, take a taxi. That's what we did when we got off the Vision on our b2b on turn-around day 7/31.

For instance, the Dollar car rental would cost $31 plus gas, including dropping off in PC. The cruise terminal is 3.7 miles from the car rental place, so if they don't have a shuttle the taxi fare wouldn't be too bad.

I'd say you could be on the ship by 2 - 3pm in PC.

Don't fly. It's cheap, but the commute to PC from the Orlando airport could cause issues.

Have not exactly what you are suggesting, but close. I have disembarked the ship (the Vision in fact) caught the shuttle over to FLL, picked up the car and was at my house in the Port Canaveral area by noon. Drive time is about 2.5 hrs to my house which is around 20 minutes to PC. It's certainly doable if there are no major glitches along the way... I don't know what your threshold for anxiety is however.

One suggestion if you go ahead with your plan... If your travel between FLL and PC is a weekday, take the Turnpike up to Ft. Pierce where the TP and I-95 are very close together. Hop on I-95 at this point and head to PC. On weekdays the southern portion of 95 can be rough up through West Palm Beach. On weekends it won't make a lot of difference if you just use I-95 the entire trip.