Carnival done right by me

jayseal01

This would have been my second time with carnival and I didn't book insurance and they allowed me to push back 3 weeks without penalty and different itinerary to eastern Caribbean Cruise and I'm a very happy customer because they wasn't obligated at all to help me out, I even ended up with more onboard credit than before

This would have been my second time with carnival and I didn't book insurance and they allowed me to push back 3 weeks without penalty and different itinerary to eastern Caribbean Cruise and I'm a very happy customer because they wasn't obligated at all to help me out, I even ended up with more onboard credit than before

Posts like this have everyone running to Carnival when they have issues and are accommodated. It's best to keep these things quiet, cause then all that assistance dries up cause everyone expects it.

Was this before or after final payment due date?

It was early saver rate without insurance

Ok, so one more question please. Did Carnival charge you 50.00 for the change. I am sorry to sound like such a dummy but after 6 Carnival cruises, my 2015 cruise is early saver (first time), and I am having trouble understanding/remembering all the details. My PVP said they would hold back 50.00, but forget if she said any timeline. Thanks jayseal01. Sorry to be with so many questions, but I learn most here on CC.:)

Edited by SMSACE6

Upon looking at my booking, it looks like they did charge 50 pp for change but that's still better than nothing because I was I 100% penalty stage which was $1256. So if didn't work with me and do me this favor I would have only gotten $497 back, so good deal for us

Ok, so one more question please. Did Carnival charge you 50.00 for the change. I am sorry to sound like such a dummy but after 6 Carnival cruises, my 2015 cruise is early saver (first time), and I am having trouble understanding/remembering all the details. My PVP said they would hold back 50.00, but forget if she said any timeline. Thanks jayseal01. Sorry to be with so many questions, but I learn most here on CC.:)

Timeline is like anytime after the first 24 hours or so. We changed about 4 days after booking and had the $50 pp charge. WELL WORTH IT due to a major date conflict.

Timeline is like anytime after the first 24 hours or so. We changed about 4 days after booking and had the $50 pp charge. WELL WORTH IT due to a major date conflict.

as OP stated he should have lost the majority of his money but Carnival was sympathetic to him. Lately they have been to people without insurance even letting people move their cruises after final payment with no charge because of work related reasons.

Depends on the reason you need to cancel/switch and the person on the phone if it will be allowed or not.

Bill

Well if they do it for one person than they should do it for everyone.

THere s the problem cause people assume cause they do it for one they need to do it for all. Not true as not every sitution is the same. Carnival or any company would be willing to work with you if say you had death in the family. But not so much if you want to change cause oh my cat is sick.

Glad to hear Carnival "done right by you" even though your English teacher didn't. :D

Edited by Out to sea!

Really and that needed to be posted. Why?

How is it any less relevant that the OP posting how they got Carnival to break their own rules and provide a benefit that the OP didn't deserve, then tell the world here so now everyone will expect/demand that they get the same treatment and complain (mostly here) how he got something they didn't if Carnival says no? I'm just waiting for the threads to start how someone didn't get their entitlement when someone else did and unfair it is. :rolleyes:

How is it any less relevant that the OP posting how they got Carnival to break their own rules and provide a benefit that the OP didn't deserve, then tell the world here so now everyone will expect/demand that they get the same treatment and complain (mostly here) how he got something they didn't if Carnival says no? I'm just waiting for the threads to start how someone didn't get their entitlement when someone else did and unfair it is. :rolleyes:

I've already printed out this post as proof that if someone gets special treatment after cutoffs and without insurance, I will be getting it as well should I have an issue arise.

See, that didn't take long at all! :D

LOL

So true, We have turned into a (what have you done for me society) It is very sad indeed.

I don't know if you ever read John's blog, but the things people ask and demand is just over the top.

It make's me (almost) not want to use my platinum status.

I don't think you can make up some of that stuff.