Thermal suite spa pass on Breakaway?

bangzoom6877

Hi i am in a spa mini suite on the Breakaway in December.....being as you have sailed in a spa mini suite can you tell me about the room itself....was it noisy or any vibrations..... i am in spa mini suite 14160....... would appreciate any information that you can give to me...

We were in 14142 - a The Haven Spa Suite, but very close to 14160 on the Getaway, which is sister ship of the Breakaway. These ships are German built and there is a drastic difference in quality between these two ships, Getaway and Breakaway and the Epic which was French built. You will notice how much better these ships were built right away - it's kind of like comparing a BMW (Breakaway and Getaway) to a Kia (Epic - although I admit I enjoyed the Epic very much and would sail on that ship again!). You can see the quality everywhere on these new ships but to me, it was especially apparent in the staterooms.You will love the bathroom in your mini-suite - it has a trough double sink and a large shower and is exactly the right size! Just very well planned and built. At any rate, we never felt any vibration in our cabin and it was just so relaxing! The main place I noticed vibration on Getaway was only one day and I was aft at the sushi bar for lunch. Once I went back to midship, the vibration was completely gone. I did not notice the vibration at the show at the back of the ship or in the restaurants. So it seemed to be something more unusual. The only design flaw we encountered was that the closets have sliding doors. On the first night of the cruise, there was some motion and the door slid open suddenly in the middle of the night with a bang - which turned on its light and awoke us. For a moment we thought somehow some drunk person had stumbled into our cabin and turned on the light in the foyer. We shut the sliding door and looked for a latch, but there wasn't one. However, for the rest of the cruise, this never happened again or else we would have asked the cabin steward to get maintenance to come find a way to fix the problem.

• 8 months later...
We did this on another line last week and one of the nicest parts was being able to shave, shower, do my hair in the large showers and not have to do it in the small room shower (with three other people vying for time in there)

Was there a "shaving bar" for women to shave their legs? My wife's biggest gripe about showers on boats other than the Reflection is the lack of a bar to make shaving her legs easier.

Was there a "shaving bar" for women to shave their legs? My wife's biggest gripe about showers on boats other than the Reflection is the lack of a bar to make shaving her legs easier.

That is my constant complaint with almost every shower built by men (presumably). It boggles the mind that a foot rest for shaving legs isn't automatically included with every shower design. Generally this is the first thing I add whenever I move into a new place that doesn't have a tub or shower seat that serves that function already.

They don't sell them prior to the cruise. We go get ours after we get on board. I think the thermal suites are much better on NCL than Carnival. We had it for the first time on Epic and always get it on every ship that has one. We have used thermal suite on Epic, Star, Dawn, Jewel and in 2 weeks we will get it on the Pearl. For CCL we have had it on Dream and Breeze.

I have not tried the salt room, but plan on it when we go on Breakaway next year.

They sell them at a slight discount if you order them before the cruise, so they can be acquired prior to the cruise. ($179 instead of $199 on my last cruise)

• 3 months later...
No, flat rate of $179, no 18% gratuity.

I saw it 30 days out (because we purchased an extra one for our daughter).

Just to clarify, as of today's date, the website specifically states that for this package there IS an 18% gratuity added to your bill upon checkout. So another new cost added by NCL to ding us. Just wanted to make you aware.

I bought the spa passes last week and no gratuity. Made an attempt this morning, it ended up showing the spa pass as zero dollars, however it then showed adding to my final payment due as being $179. Now need to call them and get it removed.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to buy these spa passes online .

My question is.. We have OBC which I can't apply online.

Is there anyway to rebook? these passes on board to use OBC but keep the online price? Or there is some other way to do this?

Is there anyway to rebook? these passes on board to use OBC but keep the online price? Or there is some other way to do this?

There is no way to do this. The discount is only available before the cruise, and your OBC only exists during the cruise. You have to choose.

That said, the spa staff can offer all kinds of discounts at their discretion, so you can always try negotiating with them on board.

There is no way to do this. The discount is only available before the cruise, and your OBC only exists during the cruise. You have to choose.

That said, the spa staff can offer all kinds of discounts at their discretion, so you can always try negotiating with them on board.

Thank you hawkeyetlse. Just booked passes online and saved $40.

I'm sure my husband will have no problem spending our OBCs onboard :)

Edited by Aldeya

I have a question for the veteran NCL cruisers.

We are new to NCL but not new to cruising. Have had spa passes on Carnival. Question is how FAR in advance can you book these online?

Thanks for any information in advance.

Just booked passes online and saved $40.
Great! Can you confirm that you were not charged an extra 18% on top of the price of the pass? (cf. Wyoming2010's message above, and many others like it on other threads.) I wish NCL would fix the Explore & Plan page for the thermal suite pass to remove this confusing and misleading statement.