Thermal suite spa pass on Breakaway?

bangzoom6877

DH and I enjoy getting a pass to the thermal suite spa facilities for the length of the cruise, and we enjoy it during the day while the kids are at the camp.

What is the price for a pass to use those facilities for a couple, for the entire length of a 7-night cruise? Also, please tell me what the facilities are like. We only experienced this last year on the Carnival splendor and we loved it. It had a thalassotherapy pool, two dry saunas with different temperatures from each other (both with the tiled loungers), and two different types of steam rooms. They also had an add-on for a couples' mud ritual that we did and was heavenly...all very relaxing! Anything like this on board? Thanks!

DH and I enjoy getting a pass to the thermal suite spa facilities for the length of the cruise, and we enjoy it during the day while the kids are at the camp.

What is the price for a pass to use those facilities for a couple, for the entire length of a 7-night cruise? Also, please tell me what the facilities are like. We only experienced this last year on the Carnival splendor and we loved it. It had a thalassotherapy pool, two dry saunas with different temperatures from each other (both with the tiled loungers), and two different types of steam rooms. They also had an add-on for a couples' mud ritual that we did and was heavenly...all very relaxing! Anything like this on board? Thanks!

They have the pool, sauna, steam room, salt room, tile loungers and regular loungers. Didn't see anything about the mud ritual. I think it's $199 for the week but I could be wrong. That was last march not sure about now but it was really nice. I had a spa balcony so didn't have to buy the pass but one day when I was in there someone wanted to buy one at the desk and they were told they were sold out.

They have the pool, sauna, steam room, salt room, tile loungers and regular loungers. Didn't see anything about the mud ritual. I think it's $199 for the week but I could be wrong. That was last march not sure about now but it was really nice. I had a spa balcony so didn't have to buy the pass but one day when I was in there someone wanted to buy one at the desk and they were told they were sold out.

Thank you! I'm assuming $199 is the price for one person, correct? What is the salt room?

Could this pass be reserved before the sailing date? If not, we will just go there first once we board.

They don't sell them prior to the cruise. We go get ours after we get on board. I think the thermal suites are much better on NCL than Carnival. We had it for the first time on Epic and always get it on every ship that has one. We have used thermal suite on Epic, Star, Dawn, Jewel and in 2 weeks we will get it on the Pearl. For CCL we have had it on Dream and Breeze.

I have not tried the salt room, but plan on it when we go on Breakaway next year.

Thank you! I'm assuming $199 is the price for one person, correct? What is the salt room?

Could this pass be reserved before the sailing date? If not, we will just go there first once we board.

Yes $199 is for one person. Keep checking prices for spa balcony rooms. What type of cabin are you in? We were in a regular balcony and the price went down so much we were able to get the spa balcony upgrade for a total of $180 for all 3 of us so we didn't need to spend he $600 for the spa saved us a lot. As for the salt room it's supposed to be good for your skin and respiratory.

Yes $199 is for one person. Keep checking prices for spa balcony rooms. What type of cabin are you in? We were in a regular balcony and the price went down so much we were able to get the spa balcony upgrade for a total of $180 for all 3 of us so we didn't need to spend he $600 for the spa saved us a lot. As for the salt room it's supposed to be good for your skin and respiratory.

We are 4 people including the kids, in 2 connecting inside cabins on deck 12.

• 10 months later...

When I called NCL yesterday, she said a 7-day pass is $179 and a 5-day pass is $159. I'm on the Breakaway in November. She said I could book it on line about the time I pay the final payment 90 days out.

Yes, it can be booked online. I booked it for my wife for next week. And while it is $179 if booked online I think it is still $199 if you wait to book it onboard.

Do you know if there is a lower rate for a 2nd person in a cabin if booked together or would two people both be $179?

Nope the rate is $179 per person, not additional discount for a second person. This is the rate on-line, if you wait till after you get on the ship it is $199. It will show up about 30 days prior to sailing if you have booked a room.

We are sailing on the Getaway and was able to get the spa room (2 included in the room) for the same price as the balcony. I think you just need to check prices because one days its $300-400 more, some days because of supply and demand its the same price. We got it when it was the same price as a balcony.

Hi i am in a spa mini suite on the Breakaway in December.....being as you have sailed in a spa mini suite can you tell me about the room itself....was it noisy or any vibrations..... i am in spa mini suite 14160....... would appreciate any information that you can give to me...

Does anyone know what included for the $179. Is it just access to the the chairs, pool and sauna?

Access to the entire thermal suite which includes:

Steamroom

Sanarium

Sauna

Salt room

Showers for these areas

lots of heated tile loungers

Padded loungers

Water Circuit

Spa hot tub

Use of the spa dressing rooms and lockers

There is also fruit flavored waters and various types of tea in this area for spa guests and the spa changing rooms have huge showers with rain shower heads and jets. There are also blow dryers in there, so you might want to get ready in there instead of your cabin. You don't need to bring a towel to the spa as they are provided in the thermal suite.

In comparison to what Carnival has for the water part of the spa experience - they only have a thalisotherapy pool, NCL has a full water circuit and it's amazing! The metal jets that are in the middle of the pool will massage the heck out of your neck and shoulders. There are jets for your legs and lower back on the sides of the pool, and a thalisotherapy lounge (just like what Carnival has) along one wall and an air jet pool in one corner PLUS the hot tub.

The purpose of the salt room is to detox your skin and lungs. It is particularly good for people with asthma and allergies. It is only mildly warm.