RCI hiring 220 at Springfield center

WALKER1313

As a UK customer I'd much rather speak to someone in Oregon than the Guatemala call centre!

Especially after the last time I had the misfortune to call them and found myself on the receiving end of a lecture about UK consumer law, which in common with everything else connected to that call centre was incorrect and misinformed!

Debbie

Ever notice how others are overly interested in other folks pay? If $10.00 hour did not attract potential employees, then they would offer more. It appears the entry level salary attracts folks.....Especially if advancement, retirement, medical, etc is included.

The ariticle is by the flame thrower lawyer. He uses his web site to promote himself and fishes for clients with it....Nuff said.

Time Zones? can't have everyone working on eastern time !

Lets just be happy that they are keeping the jobs in the US !

Steve

Thank GOD. That is all I will say . I hate when them telemarker scams calcl and you can not understand a word they say

Perhaps, not wanting to have all their eggs in 1 basket, RCCL wanted to have more than 1 call center location, especially with their headquarters in an area prone for hurricanes. If EVERYONE worked in Miami and a hurricane knocked out their one and only call center...then what, rocket scientists? Everyone would be on here saying how dumb it was to not have their call centers spread out. :rolleyes:

I'm sure some of the other reasons listed played a part as well. They've been in Oregon for 9 years now, so if you are just now wondering why they would want to put a call center out there, you are a tad late to the game. :p

I think that RCCL's experience with Hurricane Andrew in 1992 and the difficulties it produced for their operations in the weeks afterwards inspired them to have offices in other parts of the country. They opened Wichita first and the Oregon I think.

The call center does look like a ship. I was driving between Eugene and Portland in June and there it was a Royal Caribbean Ship just off of the freeway. Oregon has a very favorable tax structure, maybe that is why it is located there.