JUn e 17th,2015 New York to Carribean on The Splendor

Jeffrey1950

I am interested in taking this cruise next year it will be a year to the date I last went on The Splendor to The Caribbean. I got a great price that I could not resist last time but looking at the price now for a solo person is very high. It is more than double what I paid last time. I spoke to Carnival and they said to book the early saver that way if there is any difference in pricing down the road I will get the difference. When I sailed last time it was a summer special, can someone tell me if they have this special every year or did I just get lucky? Thanks !!

it's impossible to answer you question regarding 'if they have this special every year' with absolute certainty. they run different specials / sales / promotions almost constantly. some are good, most are just 'smoke and mirrors' - such as when they offer '100 OBC' or something, and raise the price by 100.00 to offset it lol.

early saver is a good 'bet' if you want to commit to that date and are sure you want to go. then if other promotions are run and they're qualified rates, you can get a price reduction or OBC to compensate. just be aware there are certain restrictions you should know about before booking as pertains to the ability to change or cancel the cruise if you need to.

alternatively, if you are willing to take a gamble and book closer to sailing - you may get some pretty good deals that way too. they often offer their 'pack n go' rates which can be very aggressively priced (typically within 60 days of sailing to fill the ship).

also if you're going solo, they have been running a single occupancy special. for a few months they would only charge a solo 100% of the fare (so if the cruise is 499pp you pay 499pp - not 499pp x 2). since august 1 they've been marketing them at 150% of the fare. you can reference here:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/GOCCL/Files/Sales/SingleOccupancy1.ashx

for an idea of what kind of rates you might expect (splendor is on there). they're of course not as good as when it was 100% but they're still toying with this relatively new offering. sometimes, they're also available to book but not on that list. again, with these you need to be a little more flexible, most likely. hope that helps a bit. :)