Survey: Semi UBP?

Shawnino

Was discussing yesterday's survey thread with a colleague and he said he got a survey awhile back about a scaled down UBP that wasn't very "U". Basically it would prepay 2-3 drinks/day at $8 (or so... $7? $9?) a throw.

Anybody else get this?

This would interest me. I'm not sure I see the benefit from NCL's side, but from my side more options are always better and right now aside from the wine program (if they still do that) it's a la carte only for people who don't binge enough to make UBP a savings.

I can imagine a market for some type of beverage coupon/card. If people could buy a coupon system good for, say, 15 drinks for $X, it might make a nice gift or way for some people to budget, even if the actual $ savings were not too great.

They already have that. You'll find it under Gifts & More - it's called On-Board Credit Certificates.

I would buy a mini drink package. I enjoy a drink or two a day and if there was a 15 drink card or some other kind of mini drink package that would appeal to me.

Exactly. UBP has its market, but for those people who want to drink in moderation, what you suggest would be useful.

I'd buy a drink card option, 15 or 20 drinks for a price. If I wanted to go to a martini or wine tasting one day, I could save that day's drinks for another day. As opposed to a set number a day, that is. I see it as more flexible.

I'd also buy a specialty coffee card. Are you listening NCL?

Our family would totally find a card that sold 15-20 drinks on it useful. The packages that are out there are not for us since we just don't drink much, but would drink more if we bought a card. I remember when they had the smoothie cards. Those were a hit with our family!!!!!

I'd buy a drink card option' date=' 15 or 20 drinks for a price. If I wanted to go to a martini or wine tasting one day, I could save that day's drinks for another day. As opposed to a set number a day, that is. I see it as more flexible.

I really wish NCL had a coffee card. It just seems odd that with all the other packages they sell that they haven't come up with one for coffee. We did one cruise on Carnival and weren't that impressed overall but I sure did like having their coffee card.

I'd buy a drink card option' date=' 15 or 20 drinks for a price. If I wanted to go to a martini or wine tasting one day, I could save that day's drinks for another day. As opposed to a set number a day, that is. I see it as more flexible.

We'd definitely do a specialty coffee card if they had one!