Sexy Sandals for Wide Feet-- Any ideas?

Ros Hommerson has some cute styles. Some of my favorite sites

http://www.leonardswideshoes.com/

http://www.chicwideshoes.com/

http://www.daveswideshoes.com/

Some also recommend zappos.com, but I haven't had much luck there. Nordstrom's used to be great for wide widths, but they seem to have cut their selection severely. I've suggested eBay add width to their shoe search, but until then, if you search by brand and size you can filter out a lot.

Hope this helps!

Nordstrom.com Very easy site to navigate, click on shoes, click on sandals, click on your choice of heel, then you can select your width. There were 3 pages of sandals that came in wide widths, from $29.95 to over $200.

Zappos is a good site to search, also, I have never ordered shoes from them, but they do have a wide selection.

Good luck!

Kathy

I wear a double-wide size 9. I love shoes, I buy quite a bit from internet sites:

Maryland Squarehas a lot of different makes and styles. They have some real sexy sandals and carry sizes from narrow to double wide.

As someone mentioned, Naturalizer has nice looking shoes lately.

I also have luck at Easy Spirit. Some of their shoes are very attractive now.

Celebration: 1988

Empress of the Seas: 1997

Inspiration: November, 2000

Miracle: May, 2004

Glory: November, 2004

You might think I'm crazy for saying this, but here goes. I get most of my strappy sandals from Payless. Their Montego Bay collection has most styles in wide width and they are way more comfortable than any other "sexy" sandals that I've paid over $50 for, AND they are inexpensive. I got an awesome pair of gold strappy sandals Saturday for...shock.... $10.99! icon_eek.gif I don't believe in spending tons of money on shoes that I might wear once a year. Now if it is shoes that I'll be wearing all summer or all winter, I buy the best. So, you see, I'm not a total cheapo. icon_wink.gif

<font color="#0000CC" face="Lydian Csv BT" size="4">~~Shelia~~</font></p>

Sailing the Mariner in.......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<font color="#003399" face="Benguiat Bk BT">Carnival Destiny 2002</font>

Sheila - I know exactly what you mean. I do wear wide width shoes and when I'm home "normal" wide shoes are fine. When cruising I find that my feet hurt in shoes that I'm O.K. in at home. Can't really see spending a ton for "cruise shoes". I've been looking for black formal shoes that I can keep on for more than an hour. I'm going to check out Payless!

lszu

Sovereign 7/99

Monarch 7/00

Vision 9/01

Voyager 9/02

Adventure 9/03

Thanks, everybody, for your replies! I am so happy to know I am not the only one!

I often feel like the manufacturers and stores think feet vary only in length and not width!

Anyway, I'll check out the options.

BTW, has anybody ever looked through a Lane Bryant print catalog? They were advertising on television quite a bit before the holidays and they did mention varied width shoes, but I searched their site and went into a store and neither had them. The lady in the store told me they are separate from the catalog division and that the catalog would soon be changing its name.

Statendam Circle Hawaii 12/03

Amsterdam Alaska 06/02

Ryndam Caribbean 12/00

Magic Bahamas 10/98

I have never found a pair of sandals (other than flipflops) that do not cut my feet. So, I've given up. I just make sure that I wear my shoes in a particular order so that the cuts from day 1 shoes don't overlap the cuts from Day 2 shoes! My feet are solid with bandaids at the end of a trip! I wish barefeet were acceptable footgear between the months of May and September!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;4;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600 Splendour - 1st cruise

For most situations - work, home, day-to-day stuff during the warmer months I live in Birkenstocks. Finally found a pair of sneakers (Ryka) that I can stand. Usually in the fall and winter I find one good pair of black and one good pair of brown (this year I got lucky with a good pair of navy, too) boots. My biggest problem is "dress" shoes. Hate, hate, hate pumps.

lszu

Sovereign 7/99

Monarch 7/00

Vision 9/01

Voyager 9/02

Adventure 9/03

Iszu, I'm with you! I HATE pumps also. I'm comfy in my Borns, Clarks, Merrells, Tevas, & Nikes!!! icon_biggrin.gif

<font color="#0000CC" face="Lydian Csv BT" size="4">~~Shelia~~</font></p>

Sailing the Mariner in.......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<font color="#003399" face="Benguiat Bk BT">Carnival Destiny 2002</font>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I get most of my strappy sandals from Payless. Their Montego Bay collection has most styles in wide width and they are way more comfortable than any other "sexy" sandals that I've paid over $50 for, AND they are inexpensive. I got an awesome pair of gold strappy sandals Saturday for...shock.... $10.99! I don't believe in spending tons of money on shoes that I might wear once a year. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sing it sister! I love me some Payless shoes too. Just bought me a pair of 9 (wide) wedgie sandals today, as a matter of fact. icon_biggrin.gif And for having 3 1/2" heels on them, they're actually really really comfortable.

Katie

"I'm currently out of my mind, but please feel free to leave a message..."

Rhapsody of the Seas - May '03

Coming soon...Rhapsody of the Seas - May '04

Another vote for payless here! Not only are my feet wide but, they are long! I have always hated buying shoes from somewhere that I have to tell them my size (I know, I shouldn't care) but, it is one of my hangups. At Payless I can browse to my hearts content. Another problem I face is my height! I'm 5'10" and so is he! So if my hair is too poofy, I am taller than my DH. I look for the cutest, dressiest, etc., FLATS that I can find. By the way, I did find a pair of dress shoes for DH that have very clunky, thick heels (I call them his high heels) so I can actually wear over a 1" heel. Don't go over a 2" so my hair can poof a little! icon_smile.gifLOL

Sovereign of the Seas 6/00

Fascination 6/01

Fantasy 6/03

Sovereign 6/04

Payless is great. Just came home with 3 pairs today. I also have wide feet and sometimes have trouble finding sandals. The most comfortable evening sandals I ever got were from Payless. I wore them everynight on my cruise.

I also love my Birks. Kirstin, you should try them. Particularly the suede ones. The suede is very soft and even the man made uppers are very soft. They were my daytime shoes on the cruise and at Disney World. I won't leave home without them.

Kim

If you have a Shoe Carnival, try them. I found a perfect pair of strappy black sandals (with 1" heels--since I have balance problems) and a pair of Keds for $34.00 total! They were both on sale and they have buy 1 get 1 1/2 off!

Piper

sailing on the Elation 12/19/2004

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;12;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Hi, I wear a EE and I can find shoes at Wissotatrader, Auditions, and Cowardshoes online.

I have to be careful tho, sometimes WW means E not EE, watch for that.

I found gold,silver, and most other colors at those outlets. They are not clunky either, they are pretty shoes by top name manufacturers like Ros hammersohn.

GN

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;6;6;16;45;00&timezone=GMT-0500

"'till the next trip: The Land of the Midnight Sun: B2B June 2004 on the Rotterdam."

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="208" height="30">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=6>

<param name="day" value=06>

<param name="hour" value=17>

</applet>

HI Landlockedin Az,

Ferragamo makes shoes in all widths. They often have early season tunk shows at stores like Neiman Marcus and Sak's so you can see the styles and order your width. When they come in, if they don't fit, you're not obligated to take them.

I have the opposite problem. I have a narrow foot. It's not a problem with with boots but sandals are difficult. Many of them fall off my feet - happened once when I was crossing a street! So now I won't buy anymore unless they fit perfectly.

I saw a few pair of Prada sandals in Sak's for this summer and tried on many and they were really wide. Salesman told me that many people couldn't buy them because of that. Seems Prada cut many of them too wide this season. So it may be lucky for you and others with wide feet. Check out the Prada sandal's this season......and they probably go on sale in the next month too!

Jane

These are NOT cheap, but I recommend 2 of the cute styles that SAS sells- most of their shoes look like the old 'nurse' style shoes, but these two sandals are really cute and flattering too!

BTW, I have wide feet AND high arches, have always hated sandals because the ate my feet, and tried on both of these and fell in love!

The twist-knot one works best with a lower arch, but the straight toe band with attached V-band is SUPER COMFY- I actually have worn them when the weather was really too cold for sandals I like them so much icon_smile.gif

S

• 2 months later...

I just bought a pair of black strappy flats for my October Cruise. They were on sale at JCPenney (on line, not sure about store) for $12.99. I normally take a wide but these straps are stretchy and I didn't need wide :)

You might think I'm crazy for saying this, but here goes. I get most of my strappy sandals from Payless.

I totally agree! I don't buy anything but summer shoes there, but they've got great strappy sandals at a price that could almost make them disposable.

I just spent under $10 in there on a cute pair of black patent leather sandal flats (and they came in wide, too!) They are sort of a very simple T-strap with reeeeeally skinny straps. The next best thing to bare feet. Like these, but flat and with a back-strap:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/1014745/c/3.html

Payless does a great job of knocking off shoes like these very inexpensively, and they *often* come in wide (maybe these are the kind of thing Weird Eyes was talking about, too?) I've probably bought at least 10 pair of these, with various types of trims (beads, flowers, etc.) mostly around $10-15

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/1257763/c/764.html

If you can't find what you want at Payless, try Zappos. That place has become dangerous for me. They've got it ALL.

Archived