Questions about booking MTD, On board Activities, and purchasing decorations

Jhondy210

My fiancé and I booked our first cruise together and his first cruise ever. We will be on the Independence of the Seas on Feb. 22 in a junior suite on the hump on the 9th floor :D We are considering this cruise as our honeymoon. However, we will be getting married 4 months prior to this date. Would it be weird to buy the "just married" decorations since we will have been married for 4 months? I want to do something special for our room to surprise my fiancé.

Also, we are currently booked for My Time Dining and wait listed for the 6:30 dinner time. Is it possible to reserve the times for My Time Dining before the cruise and if so how early can that be done?

Along with that, for on board activities can we book some of those ahead of time? I'm thinking like if the ship does private lessons on the flow rider that we would love to reserve a spot for that. When do reservations for on board activities open up online?

Thanks for all the help. I want to make sure that I am on my timelines so that we have the best chance to get to do all the things that we would like. My hope is if I can make things go smooth that my fiancé will love cruising and then we will get to go on more cruise vacations in the future!

Hi and Congratulation's on your marriage. I have cruised 4 times before last time being 2006 but always on Carnival so my upcoming cruise on RCI will be a first so I can't answer all your questions but.... As for decorations its your HONEYMOON!!! Sometimes due to vacation days and money people can't go right after so I say Put them up! Celebrate this milestone in your life!

all the best!

Carrie & Big :)

Hi and Congratulation's on your marriage. I have cruised 4 times before last time being 2006 but always on Carnival so my upcoming cruise on RCI will be a first so I can't answer all your questions but.... As for decorations its your HONEYMOON!!! Sometimes due to vacation days and money people can't go right after so I say Put them up! Celebrate this milestone in your life!

all the best!

Carrie & Big :)

MTD reservations can be done online in advance usually about 60 days before the cruise, but I've heard that sometimes its closer to 50 so just check when it gets closer. I'm not sure when activity reservations open up, but I would assume its similar. Just login to the RCI website periodically.

I agree with pp about the decorations. Its your honeymoon so totally go for it!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, definitely go for the decorations. Dining and other reservations usually open up about 60 to 90 days out but keep checking because they may open up sooner. You can book flowrider lessons ahead of time. Definitely plan to attend the love and marriage show, even if you don't want to participate it is really funny.

Congrats on your wedding! My experience is hit or miss with pre-ordering your deco pkg. for your cabin. I've done it several times over the years for my kids and my parents. Only twice did they have the deco up in the room when we arrived, so it depends on your room attendant and if they have time to put deco up while getting rooms ready for the new cruisers. Twice I was disappointed and said I wouldn't do it again, I could have brought my own deco from Dollar Tree and installed myself, due to theirs being so flimsy and cheap.

There is a separate company that supplies the deco to the ship. So I haven't purchased any more.

What I have done lately is order the trays of wine and cheese or kids cake and candy tray and been more satisfied. So you might want to consider ordering a nice bottle of wine or champagne with a platter. They have always been in the cabin upon our arrival, and that never disappoints. I always order it for our cabin now to make me feel good and get the party started. Lol

With the kids I liked the deco to help distinguish the cabin doors since they all look the same and my kids always had their own cabin near mine. But it became easier to bring something small from home to put on the door and it did just as well. (Unless someone plays games and removes it) Remember the doors and cabin walls are magnetized and RC doesn't like tape being used if you can help it, but I've used a little and removed it before we departed.

I don't have any experience with the My time Dining yet or the Flow Rider (like to watch) so unable to answer those questions, sorry.

Enjoy your cruise and Honeymoon!

My fiancé and I booked our first cruise together and his first cruise ever. We will be on the Independence of the Seas on Feb. 22 in a junior suite on the hump on the 9th floor :D We are considering this cruise as our honeymoon. However, we will be getting married 4 months prior to this date. Would it be weird to buy the "just married" decorations since we will have been married for 4 months? I want to do something special for our room to surprise my fiancé.

Also, we are currently booked for My Time Dining and wait listed for the 6:30 dinner time. Is it possible to reserve the times for My Time Dining before the cruise and if so how early can that be done?

Along with that, for on board activities can we book some of those ahead of time? I'm thinking like if the ship does private lessons on the flow rider that we would love to reserve a spot for that. When do reservations for on board activities open up online?

Thanks for all the help. I want to make sure that I am on my timelines so that we have the best chance to get to do all the things that we would like. My hope is if I can make things go smooth that my fiancé will love cruising and then we will get to go on more cruise vacations in the future!

It's your honeymoon, get whatever decorations YOU want! DH and I will be on the Indy sailing right before yours.....we sail on the 8 day itinerary that starts on February 14, 2015......it would have been fun to have you on our cruise with us. Reservations for other things usually can be made 50-60 days prior to sailing.

In any case, GOOD LUCK!

If you a good chance to go from the waitlist for the 6:30pm dinner to actually being confirmed for that dinner seating sent an email to: rcldining@rccl.com. Give them your confirmation number. Tell them if you would like a 'cozy table for two since you are honeymooners or that you would rather be at a large table with others to share the cruise with'. I am sure you will get a reply back with your request honored.

Early seating should not be filled this many months prior to your cruise.

It's your honeymoon, get whatever decorations YOU want! DH and I will be on the Indy sailing right before yours.....we sail on the 8 day itinerary that starts on February 14, 2015......it would have been fun to have you on our cruise with us. Reservations for other things usually can be made 50-60 days prior to sailing.

In any case, GOOD LUCK!

If you a good chance to go from the waitlist for the 6:30pm dinner to actually being confirmed for that dinner seating sent an email to: rcldining@rccl.com. Give them your confirmation number. Tell them if you would like a 'cozy table for two since you are honeymooners or that you would rather be at a large table with others to share the cruise with'. I am sure you will get a reply back with your request honored.

Early seating should not be filled this many months prior to your cruise.

Thanks. We looked at the cruise on the 14th but due to my job, I was unsure if I'd be able to go on the 14th. So, we decided instead of stressing last minute it was easier to just do the 22nd because I for sure will be able to go then.

Do you think I should email rcldining now or wait to see if we get off the waiting list. I would love to have a table for just the two of us. Obviously, if that request doesn't get granted it wouldn't ruin our cruise.

I'll start watching the RCCL site as it gets closer to pre-book things. I really want to do the flow rider. When my family was on the Oasis I never got a chance to try the flow rider due to some issues we had while on the vacation. I'm excited to have the chance to try it this time.

Now I'm thinking not to do the decorations but to do something else. I don't want it to look cheap or silly looking.

Thanks. We looked at the cruise on the 14th but due to my job, I was unsure if I'd be able to go on the 14th. So, we decided instead of stressing last minute it was easier to just do the 22nd because I for sure will be able to go then.

Do you think I should email rcldining now or wait to see if we get off the waiting list. I would love to have a table for just the two of us. Obviously, if that request doesn't get granted it wouldn't ruin our cruise.

I'll start watching the RCCL site as it gets closer to pre-book things. I really want to do the flow rider. When my family was on the Oasis I never got a chance to try the flow rider due to some issues we had while on the vacation. I'm excited to have the chance to try it this time.

Now I'm thinking not to do the decorations but to do something else. I don't want it to look cheap or silly looking.

Send the email about your dining desire now. Don't wait.

When DH and I booked our Indy cruise back in July, we were told we could only choose MTD or late seating, neither of which we wanted. So we took late seating and were put on the wait list.

I did exactly as I am suggesting that you do, and was given a confirmation for early dinner seating. We like a large table so we can meet more people and we are confirmed on a table for 8.

So don't wait, do it now.

Also sign up for your cruises Roll Call.... and then sign up for the Meet N'Mingle. It is another nice way to meet some other cruisers that will be on your sailing.

ENJOY.....both your cruise and your life together....from someone married 40 years!

I did the decorations for my son-in-law's birthday last year. They were up when we boarded and they looked very cute in the room. Gave the room a festive air. I don't feel that they looked silly at all.

Congratulations on your wedding.

Send the email about your dining desire now. Don't wait.

When DH and I booked our Indy cruise back in July, we were told we could only choose MTD or late seating, neither of which we wanted. So we took late seating and were put on the wait list.

I did exactly as I am suggesting that you do, and was given a confirmation for early dinner seating. We like a large table so we can meet more people and we are confirmed on a table for 8.

So don't wait, do it now.

Also sign up for your cruises Roll Call.... and then sign up for the Meet N'Mingle. It is another nice way to meet some other cruisers that will be on your sailing.

ENJOY.....both your cruise and your life together....from someone married 40 years!

Thanks for the help. I just sent an email off so I will see if I get any response to the request. It won't make or break my cruise but it would be lovely to have a table for two.

Thanks for the help. I just sent an email off so I will see if I get any response to the request. It won't make or break my cruise but it would be lovely to have a table for two.

you will hear from them....that email address with direct it to the right person for the ship who handles dining reservations and you will hear from them....perhaps 7 days or so....but the cruise isn't for months.

you will hear from them....that email address with direct it to the right person for the ship who handles dining reservations and you will hear from them....perhaps 7 days or so....but the cruise isn't for months.

I heard from them today! What a quick response! I was told that I now have early dinner seating, Yay! They couldn't try to get me a table for two yet because there system isn't set-up that far in advance. So, he asked me to send an email when I am about 20 days out and make the same request. I'm already really happy that we will have early dinner seating because I wasn't too sure about My Time Dining and I've always had early seating when I was with my family. So, in 20 days I will try to get a table for two but if it isn't granted that is ok cause they already granted one of my requests when they didn't have to!

I heard from them today! What a quick response! I was told that I now have early dinner seating, Yay! They couldn't try to get me a table for two yet because there system isn't set-up that far in advance. So, he asked me to send an email when I am about 20 days out and make the same request. I'm already really happy that we will have early dinner seating because I wasn't too sure about My Time Dining and I've always had early seating when I was with my family. So, in 20 days I will try to get a table for two but if it isn't granted that is ok cause they already granted one of my requests when they didn't have to!

Glad it worked out....I knew it would!